BYYB Forums

Full Version: Left Coast Cruisers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  The Left Coast Cruisers are inviting you all to a cruise from Rio Vista Ca, to Stockton Ca. and back on the beautiful Calif. Delta. Warm green water and white sandy beaches, bikinis abound and the San Joaquin river
is smooth and welcoming. This is a great short run with lots of sightseeing and easy sailing.
  We will be launching at the city of Rio Vista boat ramp located at Main and S. Front street, S. Front st.is the last right turn off before the bridge heading east through town on hwy.12. It will happen October 9th Saturday morning. Launching from 9am to 11am. Sailors unfamiliar with the Delta should look for Hal Shell's Delta guide and map online or at local bait shops. Bring food and camp gear to overnight. The forecast is for 85 degrees so lets end summer the right way. For more info contact Warren at 707 765-6512.
  Weekenders Rule! ;D
Greetings Warren,

Take pictures and post them.

Speaking of taking pictures, if the timing works out on the way back, instead of taking the right turn at Sherman Island, just sail a little further west past Pittsburg into Suisan bay and get a photo of your weekender underneath the 16" guns of one of the Battleships in the mothball fleet.  It would be a cool photo.

Cheers,
Tom
Hey Tom, we have a video of last years run from Petaluma to Stockton but I didn't stop at the mothball fleet. I will for sure next time. We plan to make the same run into a yearly cruise of the Left Coast Cruisers.
I got a note from Peter Stevenson and they are bringing a load of new experimental type boats for us to try out.
Hopefully Mike will be along for the cruise too. Looks like we are going to have some fun! Warren
WOOT....cant wait until next week Warren...The mothball fleet is really cool...approached them with a friend on his power boat a couple years ago and in seconds was a speed boat rounding the corner with sirens and a big gun...

But that would be a cool pict...with a couple weekenders lined up...and the big ships behind...

matt