BYYB Forums

Full Version: Newest launch in North!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to share this info with everyone. We launched a new gaff rig vessel on the weekend :lol:
SV Just Ducky

[Image: normal_P3260096.JPG]

This was our entry in the Ugly Truck and Dog contest at Caribou Carnival, an annual event to usher in spring up here.

The first prize was a trip to a local fishing lodge, we came in second and got $600 dollars in prizes. Judges said our dog wasn't ugly enough to secure first, however the truck/boat sure was. :lol:

I think this design is a one of a kind, and no threat or challenge to the Stevenson Projects. :wink: :lol:
I like your optimism - still all that snow on the ground and ya'll are celebrating spring!

Tongue

a.
Good show, Greg.

Being stuck in the Great White North, folks have to do something to keep their sanity. Such events are always a blast to attend.

I'm looking forward to the first sail in Homer, Ak, at the beginning of May. Of Course our lakes are still frozen, so we have to travel to the salt water. The Katchemak Bay Wooden Boat Festival has events for all, small fry to old salts.

Good entry 8)

Mike
Seeing pictures like that really make me appricate the south. We're having 70's in Atlanta Wendsday and I'm going sailing for the next week and a half. "The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful"........
Good job on the truck, man that things as ugly as a girl I picked up at closing time

Keith

Brian R Walters

Hey, Greg... you got plans for sale for that thing ?...
Ya know, that's a pretty good lookin' deck, too.
We southerners take a more rounded approach to spring sailing

[Image: egg.jpg]

Easter is coming.
That's an eggspensive looking boat there Richard, :lol:

Adla, and Keith, we still have snow until into early May, the hard water is gone on the smaller lakes by mid May. Some years, the big lake has been known to have ice on parts of it into early July. This has been a warmer that normal winter, and spring thaw should be sooner than the norm. The long summer days can't be beat though, sailing til midnight, 8) Smile

Mike the Homer trip sounds like fun, I had some family and friends that were at the Arctic Winter Games there earlier this month, and they said it was a really nice area. Maybe one day the time/ cashflow equation will make a trip like that possible for me.

Brit she's decked out pretty good Eh!!!!

Brian, I considered scuttling her by parking on the ice until the real spring arrives, but the environmental impact would not be good, the fish would be scared to death, Cry or laugh themselves silly. :lol:

Greg