BYYB Forums

Full Version: Another weekender builder in the frozen North
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Peter Haak

Hello All,

Just got the plans and video for the Weekender. I have a 23'X12' garage where I can build this project. Trouble is it means the wife's car will have to spend the winter outdoors. I'll buy her an interior car warmer... Anyways, I look forward to getting covered in sawdust, glue, paint, and cured expoxy! Hopefully I'll be clean and the boat will be done when the lakes thaw. I sail a 16ft dinghy at the moment and have already built a glen-l 14 a few years ago for my daughter and her family that they still use. I hope to add some great camp sailing stories by next fall! This forum will be a great resource to help with the build.  Take care all!

Cheers!

Peter in Quebec, Canada
Welcome Peter, what part of Quebec is home for you? One of our Fleet members Denis has a Weekender, and moved to the Pembroke, Petawawa area this summer.  Maybe you could check out is boat. We look forward to your build progress updates.

Greg
Hi Peter

Welcome to the group, I am in the Ottawa Valley, where about are you?
If you are not far from me you are welcome to come and have a look at my boat. It sure puts things in perspective once you get to see a completed on.

You could of not find a better group, a lot of capable a knowledgeable peoples on this site.

Cheers

Denis

Peter Haak

I am in a town called Chambly on the south shore of the St. Lawrence across from Montreal near Hwy 10. I will start by spending the first part of the winter "pre-fabbing" whatever parts I can with a view to assembling in early Feb. I want to get in the water by late spring. My wife and I have a summer place near Lake Champlain NY and that's where I'll be sailing. It would be cool to meet someone who has actually built one of these to get ideas and good Canadian sources for materials etc,.  Thanks,

Peter
Welcome Peter;
    Franny & I started our Weekender last May and living in New Hampshire we are also in the pre-fab stage and will have to do the "screw & glue" next Spring.  Met Franny a little over nine years ago on Internet and she's Canadian with family in Trois-Rivieres and Montreal and we're up your way all the time, maybe we can get together some time and compare note.  Enjoy your build, the "Old Farts" in here are a wealth of knowledge mixed with a fair amount of bull shit and a beer or two now and then.

Que nos reves se realisent

Alan & Franny
Hey Hoser, I resemble that remark!!  8) 8) 8)
Hi Craig;
      Franny & I have contacted everyone on the East Coast and Quebec trying to start up a Fleet as you and others have suggested and heard back from no one.  Like ourselfs Peter and his wife are Newbie's and with all of the expert advice from you and others will complete our dreams after a few beers.  ??? cases of beer, maybe more.
      Thank you all, we have learned so much from you allready.
              Hay Craig  ;D

Alan

Peter Haak

Hi All! Sounds like there will be plenty of advice and camaraderie as I build the "Lindy G" (Named after the aforementioned wife whose car will spend this winter out in the cold!) Anyways, I look forward to the build and will keep this forum updated with pics. It would be cool to get together with like minded wackos at some point to throw around some build ideas whilst imbibing in our favorite brews. Take off eh!

Cheers!

Peter
Hey Peter

I know where Chambly is, I was born and raise in St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu.

I am in the military and it took me to Petawawa Ontario.

I go to St-Jean from time to time, maybe we could meet up and talk boat.

Cheers

Denis

Peter Haak

Denis,

I've seen pictures of your weekender. What a beauty, the blue & white paint really works well. I hope my boat looks that good when it's finished!

Peter