BYYB Forums

Full Version: We need some mess-a-bouts ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just realized that the last mess-a-bout for the BYYB I was at was SIX YEARS AGO and a 19 hour drive from home in Maryland during the middle of a typhoon.

We were having annual ones in Western New York regularly before that.  I've got my passport and am willing to cross the border next summer - anybody up to go sailing?  The best ones I've been too are not very organized - just a campground, some people with boats and the address of a restaurant that doesn't mind people drinking beer and talking boats....
Come to yellowknife. There are already four homebuilt boats here, restaurants like you describe, a great big lake, and the sun doesn't go down. What's not to like? OK, the drive, but other than that?
And no passport requirements for me  ;D

2 days and 15 hours if the drive-thru at Tim Horton's doesn't have a line
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s...665527&z=6

I only have 4 1/2 days left of vacation though.
You can do what I did: I slept in my boat on the way. I made it from Winnipeg in 30 hours, counting a short rest inside the boat just outside of Edmonton. The Tim Horton's at the end of your trip will have a line, though.