BYYB Forums

Full Version: Issue with Spar Varnish at high temps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Made a new table fo the coach and finished it with Spar Varnish (what I had at the time). On a 107F day the interior of the coach will peak over 130F!  Anything on that table top will melt into the finish and stick.  Metal, plastic, leather, fabric, you name it and it and it is into that finish.  

Spec wise I need a range from 15F to 135F, clear ( some yellow OK), hard, and relative easy to apply.  Arr, what say ye mates?  Whats your fav finish that comes near or meets the Spec?  Exceeds is OK too.  Note the pedistal in the thumbnail.  Any idea what technique that used?   8) 8) 8)
Unbolt the damn thing, take it inside and put several coats of high end two part polyurethane on it. Bristol is one I like, with very good UV protection. Once coated to satisfaction, take it back out to the RV and bolt it back down.

Don't want to smell the urethane kicking off, rent a motel room for a day or two, the house keeping staff will love you for it.
Hi Paul, I was in MN a few weeks ago staying at the Marriott. I had to route some holes in 6 plexi boxes. Do  you have any idea what it looks like when you route plexi in a hotel room....it looked like MN in winter...a blizzard in my room. The best part was the carpet was still wet from when they cleaned the carpets while I was out. I cleaned  as much as I could with a roll of tape. I wonder what the folks next to my room were thinking when they heard that router fire up!
Glad you were not working in Huntsville 8) 8) 8)