BYYB Forums

Full Version: New member, yet another Vacationer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Helo  all.
The plans of vacationer I've got last autumn. In 20 of July the keel was finished. Now the bottom and deck is finished and I'm fitting  the side panels. So, I think it will be the first Vacationer in Lithuania

Gintaras

P.S. The photo is 3 weeks old.
Lookin good and welcome aboard!
Welcome aboard.  Looks like you are well on your way.  Keep the phtos comming... 8) 8) 8)
Last photos 26.09.2010

The next job: top of cabin
A lot of snow (0,5m total precipitation this winter)
[attachment=1]
So waiting for spring
Now that looks a lot like the view from my front window, just minus the boat covered in snow.  Fortunately my boat lives in a heated shop during the winter.  Well this year.  Next winter will be out in the cold but under an attached lean to addition to the shop.  The lean to is 12x36 with on end open.  I will put an overhead garage door in that end next summer and pour a cement floor, it is currently gravel, but only tha last 4 feet of it will be heated so it can be used for paint and chemical storage.  Actually only 8 feet, of the back 4 feet, for the paint locker.  The other 4x4 will hold my stand up air compressor.  I am acquiring more air tools but find the noise the compressor and motor make to be annoying.  Now that was long and rambling.  Must be the weather and a touch of cabin fever.  Happy New year all.
You can always make the rudder/rudder box, and wheel, in your house, while waiting for spring. Half a metre, that's a fair bit of snow so far, for you folks. We have about the same amount in northern Canada. and temps of minus 15-30 celcius.

Greg
Rudder with box is already finished, now I'm thinking about wheel and blocks. Now 3-rd day temperature is 0  +1 Celsius. Everything is melting, a lot of water, uh.... First thaw this winter.