BYYB Forums

Full Version: True North Fleet Mourns a member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll post this note from Greg I received this morning here as everyone reads this forum.

"Hey Everyone:

I heard some sad news this morning and figured I best share it with you. Was listening to CBC local news this morning, and they announced the body of 60 year old Ken Frew was recovered near the mouth of a river in the East Arm of GSL. According to CBC he drowned attempting to save a teenager in trouble on Wednesday.

I'll try to get more info, as I'm able to, and relay it to you."

Greg

I'll add this and I'm sure others that knew Ken better will be able to say more about him

Ken owned our oldest Weekender and was a great guy.  Here is the news story I found to date.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/2010081...wt-100813/

Ryerson
Sad news indeed.
This is terrible news. Ken and Kestrel were a regular sight in the summertime in Yellowknife harbour. He was a very nice man and he loved to sail his little boat. A couple of weeks ago he came by my garden with an envelope full of pictures he had taken of my boat the last time we were sailing together. This makes me very sad indeed. I enjoyed sailing with Ken and I liked him.
Lord, I ask that you be with the Frew family during these dificult times. Give them the strenght they need and hold them together. Let them know that you are with them. For there is no greater man, than one that will give his life for another. God Bless his family, his friends and everyone that was touched by this great man.  Amen.
I am lost for words..

I have only met Ken once and since then I was always eager for  our next meeting.
Unfortunatly we never met again.

Rest in Peace Ken.

"Fair Winds and Following Seas."
Here are some pictures of Ken in happier times. I am going to see if his family would like copies for his memorial service next weekend.
Damn . . .
How sad.
Very sad indeed.  His family may take some solace in that he died trying to help another human being.  He died a hero.

Dave
How awfully sad indeed.
my heartfelt sympathy to his family and all who knew him. and yes he was definetly a hero.
Pages: 1 2