BYYB Forums

Full Version: How to get Mini-Cat plans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mike Mussman

Hello,

I have several questions, and I wasn't sure which forum would be the best to post it in.  So I hope it's okay to post it here.  Can anyone tell me if Stevenson Projects still sells the Mini-Cat plans, or if not, where I can get them?  Is this a boat that a first-time builder could build?  Does anyone know how much it'd cost to build?

Thanks a lot!
-Mike
Hi Mike:  This is the place to post almost any boatbuilding questions.  We have a bias toward Stevenson designs, but many other builders are active here.  The Stevenson website no longer lists the Mini-Cat as available.  I would suggest you contact Peter or Mike directly, and they would likely be able to help.  Good luck.

Dave
I believe Andrew Butchart had a link to the plans on his old website, that he has since closed down. Perhaps he'll chime in with a suggestion. I downloaded the plans several years ago, if I can find the file somewhere, I can send it to you. I'll have a look next week.

Greg
Here is a link to an interesting Cat plan.  I was going to build it,  Then later on decided to go with a Mono hull.

http://rebelcat.com/
(08-02-2010, 06:56 PM)Greg Miller link Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Andrew Butchart had a link to the plans on his old website, that he has since closed down. Perhaps he'll chime in with a suggestion. I downloaded the plans several years ago, if I can find the file somewhere, I can send it to you. I'll have a look next week.

Greg

Nope - not me.  That was the MiniCup - not the MiniCat.
Using the wayback machine, an online tool that archives past websites and web pages, I was able to look at the Stevenson's website from 1997 and found a page called multihulls that lists the Mini-Cat plans and stats.  It has a link for ordering but I wouldn't just click and order it that way.  The Stevensons read this forum so perhaps one of them will chime in and let you know if and how you can get the plans.  Here's the wayback machine link to the Stevenson's multihull webpage.

http://web.archive.org/web/1999022112403...ultis.html

Another possible way to build the Stevenson's momo-cat would be to try, using the information from this popular science webpage.  It has a print of an article by Peter Stevenson concerning the mini-cat.  I believe it was posted as free to build.  The webpage is an archived print of a Popular Science magazine so I the plans may be free if used from that site.  Here's that link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=96m36VQ...&q&f=false

Mike Mussman

Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions!

I will check out these links, and hope the Stevensons see my post.

Thanks again,
-Mike
Hello Mike,

Sorry, I've been traveling and hadn't seen the post until now. While we don't sell the Mini-Cat Plans any longer, I think there are still Mini-Cat and T-Cat plans somewhere. I'll have to find out for you.

Mike