BYYB Forums

Full Version: Fleet Locations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our Weekender "Joedee's Song" won't get wet this season unless The Boat Shed  leaks and we're looking forward to completion by next Spring, we would like to have information where the closest Fleet to New Hampshire might be and how to join?
          Thanks again

Alan
Alan it looks like the Chessie Fleet is the closest to you; however, there are more builders up your way.  What say we put out a call to all freebooters in the NENE area and form a new fleet up there.  The hard water season is a bit long but that just compacts the fun.  Arr, what say ye mate?  You will be the first Commadore of the BYYB North East New England Fleet!!!  And no, folks don't need a Stevenson boat to join.  Take a gander at the charter on the Home Page.  8) 8) 8)
Ok Craig;  How would we go about this, I have no idea, I just checked the Builders Contact Board and there are builders in all of the New England states, where "The Hell is The Chessie Fleet"?  Smile  If you and others think this is a good idea and doable Franny & I would like to do what we can to help.

Alan
Alan Chessie scroll down on the Foourms page to the Fleet section.  This shows the current fleets and the stated they serve.Charting in this simple as stated nthe charter found on the homepage.

Article V. Fleets

Fleets are comprised of three or more Chartered Vessels in any geographic area which have been recognized by the Executive Committee as qualifying for Charter.

No Fleet may operate in any manner that would damage or discredit the BYYB as a whole. All Fleets must operate in accordance with BYYB Constitution and Bylaws at all times. The BYYB may adopt specific Bylaws that govern all aspects of fleet governance, membership, and operation.

Commissioning
Any three (3) or more Full Members with individually paid memberships and representing three (3) or more chartered vessels in any geographic area may apply to the Executive Committee for a Fleet Charter by submitting a written Request For Charter to the Rear Commodore, provided that an organized and chartered BYYB Fleet does not already exist in that area.

Fleet Officers
Each Fleet will select a Fleet Commodore. The Fleet Commodore is responsible for maintaining communication between the Fleet and the Executive Committee, reporting directly to the Rear Commodore, and is responsible for all fleet activities. Fleets may elect additional Fleet Officers at their discretion as the need arises.

See your PM for more information.

I do believe there are other builder/sailors in the area of new england, I do not see why we cannot restart the new England fleet, heck that is where I am from orig'
Heck It will gimmi something to do when I visit home lol.

Seriously though, If anyone is in the New England area, please pipe up and say something.
If someone is willing to begin the process of starting the fleet and act as temporary fleet comodore, untill there is enough members to hold a commodore election. I really do not see a problem with reinstating the NE Fleet, it could cover parts of New York, Vermont, New Hampsire, Maine, Mass, conn. rhode island, and whatnot.

Brian.
Me, Me, Me,  Smile Smile Smile  We would love to hear from other builders in New England.  We checked the Builders board and the only state not covered yet is Vermont.  We have "No Clue" what to do but willing to learn.  How do we post pictures here  ???

Alan
Aye mate You You You it is congratulations Alan, you be the North east Fleet commodore, let us see if we cant get those nE captains outta the Bahh, and on to the computah. see if they wanna go into the wotah and sail around the hahbah.

what you do is if you have pic's on the web somewhere you want to download eg, picassa, websites or whatnot. You right click on the pic you want, Then click on the properties tab.copy the address of the pic you will see above in the posting window second icon in ,is the insert immage icon. click that then in between the [pic]* [/pic ]  where i placed the astrick right click and then copy and that should do it.

If you are going to download pic's to our website, go to the gallery and it has instructions. but once you have uploaded the pic to the gallery opeb the pic and perform the same series for the pic on the website above to post them in the forum.
Brian"
Sounds to me like your New England ties are more connected with The Kennedys and Boston, they caan't speak English eather.  Their ties to the U.S are Alcohol related and tied to the Irish Potato.

Alan
Who is the "Skipper" in the Captains Hat with The Grumpy Old Man T-Shirt ?

Alan

ryan laurie

I am in Dunkirk and wondered about this.....
Ryan