BYYB Forums

Full Version: New Member from Dunkirk NY on Lake Erie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ryan laurie

Hello
      I have been lurking about as a "guest" for quite some time. Trying to read and absorb as much as I can. I am ordering Vacationer plans and really looking forward to building my boat. This forum is amazing and I'm glad to have found it. Thank you all so much because you have all helped out a lot already.
ryan
Welcome aboard, Ryan.  I'm building a Weekender (just flipped her today to fair and paint the bottom) but I bought the Vacationer plans too, and may build one when this boat is in the water.  The group here is very helpful.  Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Dave

ryan laurie

Thanks!
I can't wait to get started.
Ryan
Hi Ryan;  We started our weekender last Memorial Day weekend and your in the "only place" to be for help and imformation durring your build, we've learned so much.  "JoeDee's Song" has the keel on the gradel and floor in place and with a two week stay at home vacation coming up our weekender should begin to really take shape.  Franny and I started this project with no deadline in sight just the dream of working together and someday taking our Yellow Labs, JoeDee & Phoenix for a little sale in a sailboat we've built together and can be proud of.

One thing we've learned here is "Stuff Happens" not with plans or imformation just "Life in General", can't buy the materials need this weekend because you just spent $300 to have the "Check Engine" light put out so the wife could take the kids to Grandma's for the weekend to give you some "Quality Time Alone", etc.

When we can't build "We Dream".

Alan

ryan laurie

too true! hope the vacation at home goes well! Keep us posted. I just got my plans in the mail so I'm stoked!
Ryan
Welcome Ryan, This is a great place for support and info. Whether you want it or not! I recieved Vac plans for my b-day almost three years ago and have yet to get the sawdust flying! Life does, in fact, "happen."
I was hoping to begin soon myself, however, apparently there is some lead still in the pencil, so to speak. Expecting my third next month. Obviously no extra $ right now for lumber. No worries, though, it will happen! Life is grand! (Assuming, of course, that my new son doesn't look like the UPS man...)
kidding...

capnpablo
Welcome Ryan, it's good to see another vacationer builder on board mate, ask any questions you may have and i assure you, you will get answers here sir.
So welcome aboard and please post pic's of your build

Brian.