BYYB Forums

Full Version: What's the secret to putting picture's up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
      Having a hard time trying to updoad pictures. in the past it was never a problem, maybe it's my new computer or perhaps I am just getting to old. Seems they are to big, would love to put some pictures of Annabell up brfore I completely destroy her. Hit the dock on my 6th trip trying to sail in without using the engine, put a 6 inch hole in the side. Luckily way above the water line, it's all fixed now and I am looking forward to a long weekend on the water. 
        Did spend the first over night out last week, my redesign of the inside of the cabin works out great. The bench seat across the front pulls down into a queen size bed, plus there is a lot of storage available under the seat. I still had room for two cabinets for the porta potty and stove. Starting to get the hang of sailing, still have a little problem completing a tack without stalling but I am getting better at it. The only other thing is stowing the jib when under way, I find it hard with my old legs working on the bowsprit. Plus rising the mast is very time consuming and take's two poeple, but there is always a crowd around asking all the usual questions so if need be I can always get some help. She sails like a dream and I am having a ball.        Keith.
I use Photobucket to store and upload pictures. It's easy for a semi computer literate such as myself. The storage capacity is pretty good. Glad to hear your out sailing and sleeping on your vessel. The water lapping against the hull and all. I just can't compare the quality of sleep with anything else.

Sound like you need heavier duty rub rails for your docking adventures.

Enjoy your long weekend on the water Keith.

Greg
I just installed a jib down-haul on my weekender.  I've attached a 1/4" line to the jib halyard that goes down to the bottom of the forestay to a small block, then to another block on the starboard shrounds and back to a cleat next to the jib halyard cleat.  I just let one line out while the other comes in.

It seems to work fine on dry land.
I have installed a jib down-haul too.
See photo in http://byyb.org/gallery/displayimage.php...=99&pos=18
The line from the small block at the base come back up to the must top and then down along a shroud.

Gianluigi
Thanks Guys for your input,

Greg, it's not my rub rails that are a problem, the tides on the Long Island Sound are about 8ft. On high tide the water is is only maybe 12inchs below the dock, so my rails don't help - I will just have to make sure the bumpers are out in time. Also I went to photo bucket, will see if I can post some pictures.

Andrew & Gianluigi, I do use the jib halyard but the mast needs to be raised some 6ft before it helps, I am working on a way to raise the mast that 6ft ( maybe soom kind of prop ).I installed the mast hinge 14inchs above the boom, so the mast sloops down to the stern when it is lowered.Once I get the mast up everything works great.

Thanks Keith

1st picture is Annabell hitting the water for the first time, the other's were taken on our first over night trip, We anchord about a mile of shore, the water was just like a duck pond and the sunset just out of this world. That one night made all the hard work worth while.

Sorry wrong picture  #1[attachment=1][attachment=1][attachment=3]
Keith - just a thought.  If it's your own dock (you don't say) - or if you can get away with it, what about installing some sort of bumper on the dock itself?
  Hi Marceco, Thanks for your message, would be glad to help anyway I can, Will send more pictures and details of my cabin redesign to your email address.

Good luck Keith
I like you cabin setup, looks like a real state room there.

Greg
Greetings Keith, Fine looking vessel you have made for yourself! I am curious, it appears that you have raised cabin height. If so, how much taller did you make it? As well, in regards to your "stateroom" fold down, could you tell me sitting height from cabin sole to seat top? I would greatly appreciate the info. Tweaking and contemplation on my Vacationer plans to make seat heights a bit more doable for my bad knees. Not ashamed to crawl into the sack but would really rather have place to sit as needed that doesn't bind up my grasshopper legs!

capnpablo