BYYB Forums

Full Version: New boat shed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well looks like the whole house selling/purchasing is a go. We are putting our place up for sale at the end of the month. We have an offer on another house pending the sale of our house. If all goes well we will be movin' on up by the end May.

Since I had no garage....er..I mean boat shed before, this is great news. I'm already making plans for a hanging rack of some sort to store the Mini-Cat. It does not take up to much room when dissasembled.

Whoo-hoo..... :lol:

Brian R Walters

Sounds like good news. I heard somebody say once that you could actually store a car in a garage....
You know Brian I heard the same rumour about parking cars in a garage
(boat shed):lol:

Congrats Shawn on your new house, it is nice to have the space to work on projects/boats. Hope everything falls into place. Will you have room for your Weekender in the yard as well?
Nope no room in the yard for it. But there is room in the boat shed. Big Grin

Right next to "the car" :evil:

Steve_Bridges

It's always exciting (but more expensive than I ever plan) to be "Movin' on up, to the Eastside, to a dee-luxe apartment in the skyyyyyyy". Oh wait, that was.........:lol:

Where abouts in Saskabush are you moving to??

Do I still get to come up this summer and help you sand??

Steve

Brian R Walters

Wow, this is really turning into a maple leaf thread !!... :lol: :lol:
Ah, Phoowey! Tongue

Shawne, congratulations, on your new endevor. I would suggest that you check out the house, too. I know it is hard to think of anything else besides the boat shed, but unless you install a bed and shower, you'll have to go into the house sometime. :lol:

Mike
Steve,

I am moving about a block from where I am now. It's not far but it is bigger. We are currently in a condo, so everything is larger. We live in Arbor Creek, not a cheap place to live. Likely one of the most expensive areas in Saskatoon. There is no doubt that "Movin' on up" is expensive, this house is a bit more than twice as much as we paid for our condo. Yikes!!!

As far as sanding goes, if you want to help, no problem. It's not easy to find people willing to help with sanding, it's likely the longest and most painstaking part of the build........oh, wait, I'm trying to recruite you....whoops..........I mean it's the most fun you will ever have during the build process. I will have to try to work you in somewhere between the hoards of people already offering to help me. :lol:

Have you started your boat yet Steve?

Mike,

There is a washroom as soon as you walk into the house from the garage, so I think I'm covered there, now if only the bedroom was as close. Smile

Brian,

If only some of us Canucks were a little closer, perhaps we could get a fleet going. So far it's just Steve and I who are relatively close, and where still about 2 & 1/2 hours away. I do head out to B.C. at least once a year to go sailing. Perhaps we could meet up some time. What boat are you building?

Brian R Walters

Yeah Shawne, I know what you mean about the geography !
I've (day)sailed English Bay/Howe Sound quite a bit. Loads of fun, especially in winter :lol: :lol: Drop me a line next time you're out this way and we'll set it up. And I'm planning on starting a Vacationer in September

Steve_Bridges

Shawne, it looks like the "Squiify Nimrod" will not be started until Spring 2007. Spring/Summer 2006 will have: 10 X 18 deck out the back, garden doors to replace 6' picture window to deck, strip old oil paint from siding & windows, repaint siding, windows, soffit, fascia. Winter 2006 wil be renovate bathroom. But at least I'll be warmed up enough to start building!!
Yes my offer stands to help with the "really exciting bits". My wife has family in Humboldt- maybe I'll drop them there one weekend, and commute from there to SKTN so I can spend 2 exciting days on the dumb end of a sander!
Anyone can help with the fun bits and the launch- I prefer the down & dirty stuff- we all know the final finish is only as good as the prep!!!

Steve