BYYB Forums

Full Version: Tragedy !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last Thursday an unexpected whirlwind lifted catamarans near my Malandra, see:

http://youreporter.it/view_photo_big.php...aa2fd721bf

She is below all, but fortunately suffered neglegible damages, all covered by port insurance, because the number of boats involved was sensible (at least 11).
Anyway I have now to spend some time in reparations instead of sailing and windsurfing.
Gianluigi
Oh dear.  I hope that at least no one was injured.

I see your boat in the picture - it appears to have missed most of the damage - hopfully the repairs are minor.  I keep being impressed by how strong a structure made of twisted plywood can be.
Quite a wind! Glad she was not badly hurt.  Ihope you are back onthe water soon.
(06-22-2010, 12:28 PM)Andrew_Butchart link Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear.  I hope that at least no one was injured.

It could have been a real tragedy, because in the day after in the same place an Optimist regatta was scheduled and a couple of teams were already in the water for training.
Fortunately these events are strong in a very small and localized area and those children didn't realized what was happening.

Gianluigi