BYYB Forums

Full Version: mast angle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello again..................done......enough to get some sailing time under my belt anyway......... ready to make my second launch(first with sails).I was wondering if there is a starting point with the mast angle...............squared it up port to starboard.............is there a preferred angle fore and aft?  guess I could take a handful of shims along and test several angles but thought that different  conditions might require different adjustments and I'll have enough to do getting under the bridges and navigating through the shallows under sail.............................thanks    bruce
On the Weekender instructions, the forward bulkhead that the mast box sits against is angled aft at a 93 degree angle.

There's a certain amount of adjusting you can do later with the forestay as well but I've heard of that being a fairly critical angle.

When I did mine, I made a large paper template on the computer and used that to check the angle during installation of the bulkhead.