BYYB Forums

Full Version: Pymatuning in June
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am planning on driving up to Ohio and attending the second weekend of CABBS week at Pymatuning. I believe the dates I recorded are the weekend of the 24th and 25th. I wanted to start a new discussion since I can't remember the thread where our old discussion was. Who will be there and which sites should we get?
I haven't started thinking site rental yet, but I'm aiming to take a week off in June from work, spending the first cabbs weekend up in Ontario with the boat so that I can finally meet Andrew and the rest of the folks that stop by conestoga lake, and hit the water with them, and perhaps catch up with some canadian friends in the area. From there I'm hoping to head straight to pennsylvania for the week, and come back home the last sunday of Cabbs week. Should be fun, saves me a drive, takes some of the pressure off of getting things up and down fast at camp, and all in all, more time to relax. Once I get the axle ... hopefully in about two weeks or so, I'll have a more solid idea of whether this will all work out.

J Stephen Mustico

it was the "Anyone in the Northeast?" thread in the Boatsheads and Messabouts" forum.

Why don't we create a "Pymatuning" topic there since it is prob. not just the Erie fleet getting involved.

I paln on being there the weekend of the 24th and 25th.
Still trying to con the wife into the whole weak.

Any idea if there are any hotels nearby? and what about shopping?

Stephen.
The campground is right outside of Jamestown, PA. There's a grocery store just in town, as well as a decent small camp store on site. There's a number of little shops in town that I haven't had a chance to check out, though there is a fantastic pizza joint that I did catch. Don't recall the name, but it sure was a nice meal for the ride home last time.

I'm not sure about motels or hotels nearby, but we could certainly do a search for one, especially if it ups your chances of being down for a week. Smile I'm still hoping to be there the week before that weekend. Much hinges on how things beyond my control pan out, but I'm very optomistic.
Hey there,

Well, we're all set, the time's booked off from work, the site is reserved, the tax return is on its way back from the feds (well, theoretically), we're going to be at Pymatuning from June 18th through the 25th.

We've reserved site J 628 for the visit, which I believe is where we were last year, and where Pat and his wife stayed. Can't wait.

Also, Dawn's dad, Ron will be down for most of that time. I believe he's down from the 17th through the 22nd or 23rd. He's traveling in style though, staying in his motorhome on site J610.

So, who else has their reservations made, and where are they staying? Sounds like they're starting to fill up by the lagoon already.