BYYB Forums

Full Version: Jim Sanders land yacht
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey did Jim ever finish the yacht?  What's up with that?
Did Bill O ever build a boat?  Where is Adla?  What is up with Mike Pennington?
I don't have any good information for you Angie. Mike Pennington hasn't made a post since nearly a year ago. Adla since last fall and Jim Sanders apparently has deleted himself as he's coming up as a guest rather then a member of old posts and a few different searches for variations of his name yield zip, which is a bit weird. And Bill O is still around I think, though I don't remember a recent post of his, but he's an administrator here, so he better be doing something  :Smile. I talked to Craig the other day on the phone and asked very similar questions of the same folks, maybe he can update us.
Angie, good to hear from you! I think Adla still is posting on the Messing About Forum. Not too sure about the others. I hope all's well.

Mike
Adla hasn't been active on MessingAbout in over a year.
Ah, I thought I'd seen a checking-in post. Too bad.

Mike
I talked to Adla via email a few months ago she helped me with my rubrails.  She has been very busy going to school.
Ahoy Mike and Paul, nice to see some familiar faces in the crowd.  Hmmm.... wonder if Jim is OK, weren't you working pretty close with him Paul?

Sometimes I think it is best to just put these boats together and get them on the water, rather than build a master piece..... time waits for no man.
Question is Ang' does it wait for women? lol
How ya doing angie? i havent heard from jim in a long time now, I worry for him and hope the best.
I know more then I've mentioned here, but since the information is partly second hand or otherwise not particularly current, I've refrained from elaborating.

I agree completely Angie, these boats should be slapped together and ridden, rather then lavished with more attention and hardwood then they deserve. A small boat is for sailing, not building, though admittedly there are two types of builders, those that cobble something together so they can sail and those that tinker with the thing, while they enjoy the building process. I don't think anything is wrong with either approach, but one does make it much harder to get wet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4