BYYB Forums

Full Version: Arrrgh Me Hearties!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Damn, who is that grumpy old bastard on your opening page?  He looks like a cuss! ;D

How is the crew, long time no check in.... what's going on?

I am still at the marine diesel shop and teaching for the Sailing Academy.  Got the old boat pretty much ready to head out cruising and am working on getting a teaching job south somewhere for the winter.  I don't want to do another Annapolis winter.

I went over to check on Fat Chance and was horrified..... they have let her forward sole rot... she has hogged a little where she has been sitting on the trailer.... so I think I am going to sell her bits and give the hull to anyone who wants it.  She needs the forward piece of plywood replaced, keel, decks. etc... all good.

If you guys remember back when I built her, we were all going back and forth about if we should glass the inside of the cabin so if water got in it could breath and dry out.... GLASS ALL OF THE SOLE!!!!!!!!!  It would have probably saved the old gal.

I am going to sell all her goodies as a kit as it would be excellent for any builder that is building a weekender and since I am going cruising I have nothing and no where to store anything.

So shout out and let me hear from the old gang, and any new builder check the ads.  Cheers.
???  I tried to edit as my previous post was confusing.  Fat Chance needs the forward piece of plywood on her sole replace and she needs a new mast stump.

Her decks, keel etc are all good.

She is on an UNTITLED trailer that is free also if anyone wants a project boat.
Wow, welcome home Angie. Having suffered through more then enough Annapolis winters myself, I don't blame you for heading south for the season. The birds figured this stuff out millions of years ago, you'd think we'd learn quicker.
Angie!  Good to hear from you again.

Sorry to hear about Fat Chance's troubles - I always thought the Weekender would be the ideal boat for hopping between islands in the Bahamas with - jut the problem of getting it there - perhaps as a tender to the bigger boat <g>?

Make sure you salvage that figure head though - there's a lot of "you" in it ....

As far as fiberglassing the sole goes - I've finally "finished" my Weekender - Floating Bear - and made a point of fiberglassing any place where water could sit - even inside the transom and under the seats.  I may not have done a very pretty job but it should be more waterproof than bare plywood.
Andrew, glad to hear you finished the Floating Bear. 

What you saying?  Just because the old gal has big tits and blue eyes.  ;D  Yeah, she is hanging in my big boat.
Good to hear from you Angie.  Mary & I retired to Tellico Village last fall and love it.

The winter here was no piece of cake this year.
Ahoy Rich, that is good news.  I have left a couple of anchors in Tellico.  It is clean and beautiful, good on ya.  Are you keeping a boat at the yacht club there?

Winter.... that is a dirty word.  We had 52" on the ground at one boat.  It left a horrible taste in my mouth.
(06-01-2010, 09:18 AM)angiewilson link Wrote: [ -> ]Winter.... that is a dirty word.  We had 52" on the ground at one boat.  It left a horrible taste in my mouth.

Angie - you should learn about this wonderful invention we Canadians use to remove snow - it's called a "shovel"....  ;D
I keep a boat at the yacht club - about 5 minutes from home.  Someone built on your old lot.  We're loving it here.  Didn't get much snow but it was really cold for the area.  Give me a call or drop by if you get down this way to visit your dad sometime.  PMing number
Arrrgh.... I shoveled and shoveled and shoveled.... nobody around here has a snowblower as we just don't get snow like that.... it was insane.

Yep, I sold the lot to some folks who intended to build on it.  Is it a nice house?  Do you live near there?  What kind of boat do you have at the club?