BYYB Forums

Full Version: Bougth my outboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally I have my outboard.
After a long wandering, I decided to buy a PARSUN 4HP long shaft. I decided for long shaft to avoid any problem of assembling and manoevring, the 4 HP are because there are not many models smaller and long shaft, except Honda that everyone says to be too noisy.
I surely will regret for the extra weight, because at present I have no other solution than put on and remove the outboard every time. But I think also that the extra power can increase navigation safety and permit my to run at lower engine rate, hence much less noisy.

Now I ask advices to all you about mounting. I bought also adjustable bracket, but now I have to understand the right location.
I know that the cavitation plate is the vertical reference for the outboard, but which is the reference level in the transom? The intersection with the keel or the lower point in the mounting line ( that has shifted aside)?
What is the right side offset for the mounting to avoid interference with the rudder blade and in the same time to have better conduction?
There is something else I should care to, before mount the outboard bracket?

Gianluigi
Call me lazy, but the idea to come back to manage drills, paint, bolts etc. after only 3 months I launched my Weekender doesn't appleal me at all!
I have my new otboard in my garage, but I don't have so much time to study how to mount it.
Gianluigi