BYYB Forums

Full Version: Mouette Paceship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all,

While I am decidedly a fan of traditional looking wooden boats, if you must sail a clorox bottle, there is no finer daysailing clorox bottle than a Mouette by Paceship.  After an absence of 18 months, the Eloise made a return to the local sailing pond and managed to out-sail a well tuned Buccaneer with Kevlar/Mylar sails.  The captain and crew of the Eloise were dripping with rum at the time, and the captain of the Buccaneer is a national champion, so this is good evidence that the Mouette is very fast indeed.  She also sports a cockpit that seats 6 easy and 8 cozy and still leaves room for several coolers of beer.  A true party boat if there ever was one.  The Paceship's were built in Nova Scotia.

[Image: Eloise02a.jpg]

[Image: Eloise01a.jpg]

[Image: Eloise05a.jpg]

[Image: Eloise00a.jpg]
The cockpit seats are about 10 ft long.

Cheers,
Tom
It certainly looks like it was designed not to catch much wind other then the sails.  I have looked at designs with that type of cubbie and wondered why anyone would bother, other then to keep out of the wind behind it and maybe store gear while underway.  I hope the national champion was a good sport and didn't find the taste of humble pie to bitter.
The portsmouth rate on  a Mouette is 99.4 and for a Buccaneer it's 86.9, so clearly there's a huge difference.

Blister style of cuddy cabins are for stowing gear and possibly hopping into while a thunder storm passes, not much else. The weight would have been better served with a canvas dodger instead, which would have served the same role for a fraction of the weight. In the era the Mouette was designed, the blister style was the rage and likely a strong contributing factor to this styling element.
Nova Scotia boats are just hard to beat Smile