BYYB Forums

Full Version: Free Vacationer!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like I'm gonna be parting out my vacationer, the sun has done a number on the deck and hatches. I just don't have the time to keep her going. I've had it for sale for a while but no takers.  I'm pulling off the engine, engine mount, winches, harken blocks, radio and speakers, steering system, trailer, figure head and steering wheel.
If you want the remaining boat then let me know.
Tags are good till 2011
I have the title, recipts and plans in a folder somewhere safe in my house.... I'm lookin...  Smile

My plans are to sell the parts separately as follows:
Trailer for $500.
Engine: $500
Engine Mount$100
Winches : $200 (set of 2 self tailing)
main harken fiddle block: $45
Marine Stereo: $75
Steering Sytem: $100
Figurehead and steering wheel I am keeping for sentimental reasons.

Complete build pics are here:http://custompaperpocketyachts.k-j-g.com/vacationer/

If interested reply, email or call
817-925-7669

remove Spaces: k e v @ k - j - g . c o m

milosko

Kevin,
I'm sorry your vacationer story is ending. An outstanding boat, I know her since she was born. My vacationer paper model made by your plans was the crucial reason for me to start building the real one I think in the same period (2002) as yours Abundance build started.
This year I had the same dilemma as you but I decided to revive her, to fix all signs of fatigue she had and to made it even in better shape so I could enjoy maybe another couple of years with her.

Pozdravljeni,
Milos
Hi Kevin,

have enjoyed your build picture sequence very much; what a great job you did!  I am beginning my vacationer (slowly!) and was wondering if you might answer a couple of questions for me? Firstly, in hindsight, are there any particular things you would have done differently that would have made the boat last with less degradation - apart from sticking it in a shed and never using it!  Secondly, I like your steering binacle and was wondering how you bedded it to the cockpit floor to make it strong enough?

Hope you are still sailing and/or building!

regards

Gerrard
Wow...what a wonderful series of build picture...I am sorry to hear that you are letting her go...great job on the build...

I totally understand why you are keeping the steering wheel...

ANy plans for a new boat? 

good luck with the sale...hope it all works out...

Matt
This is always something you never enjoy hearing. I've never really looked into my crystal ball to see what the end might look like, but I hear about it once in a while. Personally, I've found that this boat has enhanced my life in unimaginable ways and I know it will be a very hard decision to let her go. I know that no production boat will ever give me as much as this one has and I suspect this choice is a very difficult one for you. I hope it goes well and your "sailing life" will continue to be a rewarding one. Best of luck to ya....
You don't have to let your boat go Tom; (unless your wife is making you) I jump immediately on any sign of deterioration every spring. When she finally gets too old and soft I plan on finding a nice place for her, filling her with soil and planting flowers in her. I've seen a couple of old boats go this way and I think it's kind of cool.
Greetings Keith,

I have stayed at the Hotel Chequamegon on Lake Superior in Ashland, Wisconsin, and they have a pair of boats outside that they are using for planters.  I did a quick search of the Google images for the Hotel, but the photos are crappy. You can just make out one of the boats in these photos ...

[Image: ash2005-024.jpg] [Image: hotelinfopic.jpg]

... and the Hotel looks fabulous from the marina ...

[Image: 3448544379_1e95581b16.jpg]

But I did trip over these ...

[Image: SuperStock_1701R-31005.jpg]

[Image: PICT6360-300x198.jpg]

... and the mother of all boat planters ...

[Image: big%20planter%20with%20boat.jpg]

I'll have to go back through all of my old 35 mm photos of the Hotel and see what I can find.

Cheers,
Tom
Those are some great ideas...When the time comes may my boat go out so gracefully. However, I think she's gonna be around for some time. I do keep her covered and I go after any problems rather quickly, especially when it comes to moisture getting into the wood. I've done a few patch jobs and she's doing quite well..showing signs of age where she's supposed to such as rub rails and varnish giving way to UV. Overall, given the amount of use she's getting (and it was a lot this year!) she continues to hold up nicely.
i can verify---tom's boat is great!
Tombayus, you're going to have to give us some details on that last picture! What ship is that and how did she get turned into a forest?
Pages: 1 2