BYYB Forums

Full Version: Trouble uploading photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to  post some photos of my current progress.  I keep getting an error message:  " The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator. "

The files are smaller than 1000KB.  It won't allow even one to be uploaded.  Anyone know why?  Administrator?

Dave
Dave  I have been skuaking about this for years. The board needs some major work on this problem.  It should be fixed where ALL the members can post photo not just the geeks. It is always going to be done in the near future, but hasn't improved in the last seven or eight years to my thinking  the good humor man Bud
I will take a look at it this weekend to see if i can up the space for users, what i have allways done is to go into my photos,Right  click on my immage then i click open with, I then Open it with Adobie Photoshop elements, Or similar editing progream and all I do is go to the resize immage and just bring the pixles down to like between 400 and 600. If your file is already full then you will have to resize your photos that are already loaded up. i will see If i can do this for you this weekend. but i have not had a problem since i did that.
And no bud It's not Geek's Mate It's Knowledge, which i am short on lol but I will see what i can do to fixerup

Brian.
Call it knolage call it geeks it all the same meaning. Computer gods entering excessive krap, geeks. It still needs to be fixed where us peaple who are not hung on the computer for long periods of time to use it. I still beleave with all this knoledge a photo could be posted without six or seven steps. If I am wrong so be it, but look at how many builders you have had over the last few years and compare it to how many photo have been posted by the builder (sent to someone else to post for you don't count) Bud
I've never had this problem before, and I've posted lots of photos on this board!

Dave
Hey Dave,

I am far from being an expert, I was taught how to do it by the guys on WoodenBoat Forums.  It seems to work here.  One issue is the photo size.  If you can, reduce the size of the KBs.  I don't know any other way than to email them to myself and when the little window pops up and asks if I want to reduce the size, I check yes,  A couple of times like that and they get knocked down considerably, then I save them to a folder specifically to upload to sites.

I use PhotoBucket.com  Just a free account.  They seem to let you up load larger kb files too.  I just up load smaller ones.  Once you have the acct set up,  Click on the up load files link and it will take you to your computer to pick the picture, just work through until you have your files up loaded.  Below each file picture on the ones that you have up loaded, go to the link that says image code and click on it and go to copy, and then come to your posting and paste.  Should look something like this.

IMG]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k276/slvrgost/DSC02309.jpg[/IMG

I took the bracket off each end  so it would not up load the pic.

Here is the pic.

[Image: DSC02309.jpg]
yes I do alot of photo uploading like that myself. I just upload them from my website in the same manner, Photo Bucket is good to use as well, just right click the immage go to properties copy the address and post it in here.
Try it like this... I went to my website, (you can go anywhere and do this)
got the pic, right clicked on it. went to properties, highlighted the address, copied the address.
came to post in the thread, went to add immage,[img and pasted the address in the  in the middle of the img brackets[/img Like this...
[Image: keel5.jpg]
Voila, yeh got's a pic.
But as far as resizing you photos on your machine use whatever photo editing program you have and knock down the pixeles, I usually knock it down so that my pic's are low kb.s around 4 to 500 kb's
Then I upload them to the gallery.

The term's of the gallery, keeps user's gallery uploads to a certain amount of space so the gallery wont get spammed out or crash. The trick is to resize you photos before you post them. When I resize my photos to upload I usually just make a copy of the photo in my browser and use the copy to edit. Then I delete the copy after it is uploaded.

I will see if I can't get your photo sizes straight so you can continue to upload. But I suggest you use one of the two, Method's I described for uploading.
Good luck and I am on it!

Brian.
(04-22-2010, 02:17 PM)Dave Blake link Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to   post some photos of my current progress.  I keep getting an error message:  " The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator. "

The files are smaller than 1000KB.  It won't allow even one to be uploaded.  Anyone know why?  Administrator?

Dave

Try it now dave.  I believe the entire upload folder was full and I have increased the space.  You might want to post your photos in the gallery and then link to them to allow then to be found elsewhere besides in your message. 
Richard once again to the rescue!!!
Thank you once again Richard for your technical savey.