BYYB Forums

Full Version: Does the Fleet Still Exist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I see that the last post regarding the Erie fleet was on June 26 of '09 and it was never responded to. Hmmm, doesn't sound very promising for the ol' Erie.

I am a new builder of a weekender and I live in Southeastern Indiana, so I am right on the border of the Erie and the Southeast fleets. However I must say that neither one appears to be exactly what you would call "on fire" with activity.

Any responses????
I can't answer your questions but I'm in the same boat.  Wink 

I'm in Bowling Green, OH and I would be interested if there were activities on Lake Erie. I'm close to launching my boat and would be interested in activities or get togethers within reasonable driving range. 
Chris, Google puts you about 3 hours from here. That's pretty much one side of the state to the other. I would think that would be doable. Are there any others that you know of?
OK sailers, its time to grab hold and start some new "ACTION" now you have two members so, get started with a new group and shake up the old group! Bet you can find some newbies out there that would be interested.
Ive got 4 newbies here above San Francisco and looking for more. Good Luck, Warren
(04-15-2010, 09:19 AM)David Oelker link Wrote: [ -> ]Chris, Google puts you about 3 hours from here. That's pretty much one side of the state to the other. I would think that would be doable. Are there any others that you know of?

3 hours is a day trip.  Much longer and I'd have to stay overnight.  I know there are some folks over by Cleveland.  I think the Erie fleet was mostly a Cleveland experiance.  When I tell people I'm building a boat, around here, they get this blank look behind thier eyes and say things like "Really?"   "Out of wood?"  It's like I'm from another planet or something.  
Some of us have moved away from the Midwest. I now live in Florida. Scott lives in Atlanta. Steve moved to Phoenix last I heard. 
(04-15-2010, 08:24 PM)Pat_Mellema link Wrote: [ -> ]Some of us have moved away from the Midwest. I now live in Florida. Scott lives in Atlanta. Steve moved to Phoenix last I heard. 

Allllllllrighty then.

Looks like we might have 2, count 'em - 2 members. I guess choosing officers gets pretty simple at this point :-\

While fully expecting to hear crickets chirping when I ask this.....Are there any other people out there that would fall under the borders of this fleet? What say ye?
AlllRRRRRighty!!! Grab the BS by whatever you want to and get going boys. Send me anyone flopping around this side of the continent. Warren