BYYB Forums

Full Version: Who owns / built the Vacationer featured on the Stevproj.com Vacationer page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pat Norman

Who owns / built the Vacationer featured on the Stevproj.com Vacationer page? I am talking about the cream and white one on the Vacationer page. It is sure beautiful and appears well built. Where is it located in the pics? Sure is beautiful backdrop for it too. Anybody know?
Don't know, but I agree.  That pic alone almost had me build one.
That was the very first Vacationer, back in the early '80's. We shot that in San Diego Bay. The shot at the top of the page shows the west end of Harbor Island in the background (the old Tom Ham's Lighthouse restaurant and Harbor Island Marina in the distance.) The beached pics are just west of the Shelter Island launch ramp (which can also be seen behind the pic of the Vacationer on the trailer.)

Peter Stevenson built that boat, and we sold it fairly quickly to a minister who moved out of the San Diego area. We lost track of that boat by the mid-'80's, unfortunately. It's too bad that we sold it so fast; I don't think we had enough time to properly enjoy that boat. We just didn't have enough room in the driveway then: I think we still had the prototypes of the Weekender, the Pocket Cruiser, a catamaran or two (the Mini-Cat and the T-Cat), possibly the Bass Boat still, and we were likely working on something else at the time too...Just no room!

Mike

Pat Norman

Thanks Mike. I was  just curious. It sure was a beauty!