BYYB Forums

Full Version: So if I were going to start a blog...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's just say that I were interested in starting a blog or web site - and I'm not saying I am, but if I were how would a techno-ignoramus such as myself go about doing so? I assume that there are "create-a-blog" sites or tutorials in MS Publisher or something that would walk you through it?

Heck, BYYB even has somewhere on the web site that is dedicated to builder blogs?

I have to admit that Paul Boyer's blog on buildaboat.com has been a great inspiration to me. Maybe my trials and triumphs in this adventure could help somebody like Paul's has helped me.

Like I said though, I have no idea how you go about doing this. Can someone entertain my ignorance?
well I know you can get some free space for a forum at forumotion.net  try starting there. I buy internet space from Bravenet for about $100. US a year. and made my own website for my build at brisboatyard.com

Both have tutorials on them. In fact Bravenet.com has free webspace to make your own website, thats where I got started but I soon bought more space.

Brian.
A builder in Florida has offered to start hosting websites for other builders on his servers. I am waiting to hear more details, but perhaps he would be interested in hosting blog sites also? I'll ask...

Mike
www.blogspot.com is the google blog site and its free.  I don't know what limitations it has.  Free sites typically have some size restrictions.  I started a blog there.  it looks pretty simple.  About as difficult as posting a message in the forum. 
david...

I use lumberjocks.com...its a free woodworking website with 17,000 woodworkers...and thousands of projects, blogs, forums etc...it is not specific to boatbuilding but there are several weekender builders on the site that I started asking questions to...

I like it because I have made many friends there (like here) many nice people...photos are easy to post and limitless...you can create a series of blogs that are all connected...so each entry is connected to the others but seperate at the same time...

Each time I update it I will come here and let people know and hopefully they will take the time to click on the links...

Here is the link to my blog on my boat which i just started...from there you can click on my picture and see other woodworking projects...

Like here is is just a real good group of people...

here is the link to my blog:

http://lumberjocks.com/matt1970/blog/14880

Matt