BYYB Forums

Full Version: Some new Builder Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just wanted to let everyone know that we posted a few new photos of boats which I thought should be shared. A nice Weekender, Vacationer, and Pocket Cruiser—The pages are linked below.

http://www.stevproj.com/WkndrBBB11.html

http://www.stevproj.com/VacBBB1.html

http://www.stevproj.com/PCBBB1.html

Thanks,
Mike
Dandy - It's nice to see the website updated - with all the free time you must have Mike  Wink

FYI - Mr. Mathew's Weekender is named Phoebus not Phoeblich
Ah, you're quite right Andrew, I'll change that. I think the Amphora is Phoeblich, perhaps? Or Phoebling? (I've been soaking up too much Schweitzer Deutsch...)

I'm trying to spend a lot more time working on Stevenson Projects, as there are a few new ideas I want to get up on the site. And there are so many good-looking projects out there to share!

At any rate, thanks for the nod Andrew!

Mike

Mike, you are right, my Weekender is really nice!  Smile
I'm happy that you have pubblished the hatch modification pictures, because I had no more space available for them on this forum album and I think that it is really good shaped and efficient.
There is protection from side shear splash, drains rain water, permits to adjust the cabin ventilation and it can be folded and stored under the seat. I will never need most of these performances and I admit that this is a typical case of overengineering ... but it is well done!

Gianluigi
Thanks Mike, nice to see water that isn't frozen Smile
(04-06-2010, 11:10 AM)mikestevenson link Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, you're quite right Andrew, I'll change that. I think the Amphora is Phoeblich, perhaps? Or Phoebling? (I've been soaking up too much Schweitzer Deutsch...)

Phoebling

I'm hoping to get out with them this summer at a regular event they have in Northern Ontario - assuming my little tug - er Toyota Echo will get me there and stop once I arrive (pulled the boat with little problem last year).

Pat Norman

Wow really nice boats!! What size motor on that Vacationer? Looks like ya'll are planning on skiing behind it! ;D . Very nice build and beautiful job finishing!
Andrew: I imagine the Toyota should be fine. I don't know how heavy your trailer is, but I usually figure on 1100lbs or so for a loaded Weekender, plus 400-500lbs for a trailer. Close to a 1500lb limit on some cars, but really not a lot of weight if the car has even a bit of trailering capacity. Peter Stevenson's now pulling his with an Element, not a huge machine, and it has ZERO problem with it.

Pat: I have no idea how big that motor is. Too big, I'd say! The mount alone is a bit overkill, perhaps? They seem to be having fun, and who knows: maybe they DO ski behind it!

Mike
These all look like great boats...I can tell you when I first found the stevenson site I spent about 20 hours in 2.5 days looking at every photo---and clicking on every story/link and reading every single word from each builder...it was a great way to introduce me to the boat and the build...

Matt
Dear all,
the website upgrade doesn't regard only homemade yacht and videos, but in the sail sets page there are very detailed and interesting photos.
For example it is shown how to tie the sail to the gaff, few months ago I disperately looked for pictures like these. I see also the jib attached with commercial clips instead of home made ones and the gaff seems to have no jaws, but a ring.
I see also tell-tales on the jib and on the main sail and halyards on the cabin roof...

Gianluigi
Pages: 1 2 3