BYYB Forums

Full Version: Weekender STARTED, NAPA CA...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone...I got my workshop and patio space cleaned up, ordered wood, rec'd wood and cut some stringers this week!!!  So a new Weekender is off and running...

I have been a member of the lumberjocks.com woodworking forum for 3 years so I am writing a blog and posting all pictures there but wanted everyone to know I am started...

I have actually already written 3 (word, lol) blogs there...the first one starts here:

http://lumberjocks.com/matt1970/blog/14831

And the 3rd entry in the series---where I have photos and questions for builders is here---would love it if you could take a look and give me some feedback...

http://lumberjocks.com/matt1970/blog/148...ent-638069

I will use the lj forum so that I can keep my family and friends involved as well...and they can check my other woodworking projects there...

Would love some feedback on that 3rd post (2nd link here)...

Thanks for all the confidence and support so far...I have not posted too often here but I have read a lot...

Matt aka Napaman
Welcome Matt and good luck.
Excellent...Check with Warren and get my phone number. I'm just over in Cotati. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.
Thanks Tom!!!  I have a long way to go...but come summer I will be rocking and rolling...full time...

Matt
Very cool; thanks for the heads-up on the blog too.

Happy Building!

Mike
Thanks Mike...

I said some nice things on the first blog via LJ's about Stevensons...

Away from home this weekend and I am dying to get home and cut some wood..sat and watched DVD #1 again last night just to keep it fresh...

Will keep posting here each time I update the LJ blog...

BTW..my wife theMATH teacher insists the angle is incorrect in the plans on step three...making the stringers...it is 23 degrees from a vertical 90 degree---but the angle measured in the plans should say 67 degrees the way it is drawn...o course that would not make sense when setting the circ saw blade to 23 degree tilt...I am just a dumb history teacher...so it didnt bother me...

MAtt
Must be hard living in her shadow Matt Smile
Well, she may indeed be right, but it still seems to get the idea across...I think it may be more about the setting on the saw.
lol...yes those darn math teachers are finicky...

Its definitely the saw setting...23 degrees from a 90 degree vertical (where the saw blade starts)...

Back in Napa...hope to get out tomorrow for a bit...finish lofting the keel and maybe cut up the parts...but it has been very rainy and cold this weekend (for Californians, lol).

Matt