BYYB Forums

Full Version: New Schooner, from an old boat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Next project, a fellow wants a ODay 22

[Image: picoday22ma.jpg]

converted into a schooner.

The high lights:

- The stub keel is extended aft for additional lateral area.
- The transom, which is reversed on the ODay will be raked aft, curved and covered in mahogany veneer.
- Of course the rig.
- Under hung kickup rudder.
- Lowered sheer.
- I'm trying to talk him out of wheel steering, in favor of a tiller.
- The ODay bow is a slightly clipper, straight stem. This will be filled and converted to a spoon bow.
- Poly tarp sails, until the details are worked out. Note the fisherman on a roller furler!
- Lots of seating and storage.

Is this recycling?
It is recycling Smile  have fun with the project.  How come there's no snow in the picture like on my boat right now... must be an old photo from the summer Smile
We've had a miserably cold winter down here, 11 days in a row of freezing temperatures in the wee hours of the morning, back in January (new record). Why it's only 77 out right now, still below normal, though I'll be able to get the brats off the grill in relative comfort. I mowed the lawn today, so think of what you are avoiding.

I should add the ODay shown above isn't the actual boat. The real subject of this is a disaster. The interior is covered in mold and mildew. So much so that it looks painted dark gray. Areas around the hull were reinforced with plywood (chain plates, stemhead, transom, etc.) all of which have rotted. The rig is shot, the mast kinked, the sails stretched out more then my ex-wife's belly and the list goes on. I've already broken the deck cap away from the hull and started removing the liner.
Greetings all,

Isn't tomorrow supposed to be the first day of spring?

It's snowing outside right now at 42N 88W and will be until 4:00pm tomorrow.  Argh.

But we did fire up the grill the other night as it was tee-shirt weather (above 45F) Smile

Cheers,
Tom
Wow...it cooled down today here in Napa, CA...the high only got to 72...we hit 84 last week...
Matt, I'm going to bring a load of sawdust over to your house so you can get into cutting some BOAT PARTS! Lets go boy. ;D
warren...just bring some wood....I will make the sawdust...

Matt