BYYB Forums

Full Version: Newbie to the Board and Stevensons designs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pat Norman

Hi, My name is Pat Norman from New Albany Mississippi (North MS). A friend and I are both interested in building boat each. He a Weekender and I a Vacationer. We built 3 boats in our younger years, 1st a Glen L 14, then a Chris White design a Discovery 20 trimaran and lastly I built a little Glen L 10 to play with on a small local lake, later turned it into a duck sneak boat.  Anyway my friend Scott showed me these pocket yacht plans and I got on the website and I am really bitten with the "bug". I love these boats and the simplicity of the design and just really love the lines of these boats. I hope we can both start on these projects soon and have a North Mississippi fleet. Watchout for the soon to be Coontown Yacht Club haha!  We have three nice lakes within an hour or so that would be nice weekend camp/sail sites. Sardis Lake, Bay Springs lake on the Tombigbee waterway and Picwick on the Tennessee river.
Welcome aboard Pat. You are not that far out of the loop. I live in south Tennessee where Al.Ga and Tn. meet. I live close to the dam that backsup Nicikajack res.on the Tn river,one side is Gunterville res the other side is Nickajack.  Don't worry about a mistake someone on this board has already made it and fixed it. Keep us posted on your progress. Bud
OK Pat, sounds like you are gonna have some fun. Hope we see some pics as well. I'm starting a fleet here in the SF bay area, 3 boats so far. Warren aka Zignman