BYYB Forums

Full Version: Launch of my Malandra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As planned, yesterday my weekender Malandra has been officially launched (I did a navigation test one week ago, as reported in "pre-launch disaster" track).
Photos are in my album (that now is full, I reach the max quote space available for me, is it forever? ).

In the last mounths, I touched and required advices on many topics in this forum. In order to preserve continuity in those discussions, I'll  report my feedbacks on the original discussions (single halyards, shrouds attachements, halyard and sheets location...).

Even if there are many things to fix, I'm completely sutisfied by results I had, except for tabernacle that I made definitely too weak and that cause a devasting interference with gaff jaws.

Paddling sat down on the taffrail is confortable and give me a complete view of my route, nevertheless I look forfard to buy an outboard...

Gianluigi
Glad to hear you're having good fun with the boat! We have a friend who has a place in Mallorca and the inlets and coastlines look very appealing!

Mike
Congratulations on the launch - you should be very proud of what you've accomplished.

For others who are looking, the album is located at http://byyb.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=99

Very creative launching dolly!
Great pictures of your vessel Malandra, I built a 2x4 channel box to guide the keel on my trailer as well. They work well. It's a good feeling when we see all our hard work finally floating. Congrats and thanks for sharing the launch Gianluigi, enjoy your Weekender.

Greg
Great looking boat!
Nice clean job. The tabernacle doesn't look like it should cause problems. What if you glued a couple of small triangular pieces in the throat of the gaff jaws to make it a little narrower at the back? Then it wouldn't fit around the back side of the mast well enough to contact the bolt heads?
(02-23-2010, 11:00 PM)Keith Shergold link Wrote: [ -> ]Nice clean job. The tabernacle doesn't look like it should cause problems. What if you glued a couple of small triangular pieces in the throat of the gaff jaws to make it a little narrower at the back? Then it wouldn't fit around the back side of the mast well enough to contact the bolt heads?

Or perhaps a strip to cover the protruding nuts on the mast?