BYYB Forums

Full Version: long running W.I.P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: DSC03086.jpg]
[Image: DSC03085.jpg]
[Image: DSC03084.jpg]
hi everyone, this is the first step in building my Weekender , a small step for me but  .....Smile
this is the gooseneck , inspired from many images I've seen and made with the materials I've found on my workshop. all pieces are made from stainless steel (inox) .
this will be a long topic ,I will come with pictures every time I make something!
please be mercyfull with me ,I don't speak english very good!cheers !
Looks great!  Add on a couple of pieces of wood and you'll have a boat to be proud of.
Looks great Sorin.

There is no doubt you will have no problems with fittings for the boat with those metal working skills.

Your english is fine.  We are here to help each other build boats, not be critical of each others spelling and grammar.

Keep the pictures coming!

Ken
Is there a reason you've elected not to use all three axis's of rotation?
(02-11-2010, 08:11 PM)Paul Riccelli PE,NA link Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a reason you've elected not to use all three axis's of rotation?
which would be the third axis of rotation ??? all plans I have study has only two axis ;left right and up and down of the boom.
or you talk about the rotation of the boom on his own axis ,for reefing (furling boom ?!?! )

thanks everybody for replys ,if I make something wrong please correct me!
Three axis motion keeps the foot of a sail shape true if the sail is tracked or lashed hard to the boom.  If you sail loose footed it is not an issue.  A loose foot cut gives you a better sail shape and a bit larger surface area.  Looks way better too IMHO.  Nice goose neck!!  8) 8) 8)
does someone have a picture or a drawings for that? I can't figure out how it comes and if you all say is better this way ,I'll do it in three axis of rotation!

a question ; which would be the diameter of the mast?  I want to do it round ,not square and will be made through the "bird mouth " method  and tappered a litlle Big Grin!
would be 89mm (3-1/2" ) or 101mm (4") ?
thanks alot ,people!
Greetings all,

I'll see your three axis, and raise to four!

[Image: new-gooseneck-2.jpg]

Gooseneck (1) slides up and down vertically in sail track, (2) pivots horizontally, (3) pivots vertically, (4) allows boom to rotate around the pin.

Here is another.

[Image: Gooseneck_side.JPG]

But Sorin does have an interesting problem.  All of the goosenecks I have seen that allow the boom to rotate are designed for hollow aluminum masts.  

Are there any readily available for solid wood spars?

Cheers,
Tom
Yes go to http://www.duckworksbbs.com/hardware/rig.../index.htm    RL-328 is what i'm going to order.
Greetings Mike,

Sometimes, I don't pay attention.

The RL329-SP from a little further down the page shows the "Boom Furler" option that is available for all of the models.

[Image: RL329-SP.jpg]

So all of the models on page http://www.duckworksbbs.com/hardware/rig.../index.htm are available with either the rotating tangs or a solid pin, you just have to select the "Boom Attachment" method.

Thanks,
Tom