BYYB Forums

Full Version: 2010 BEER Cruise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Friday, June 4th - Pensacola Shipyard Skipper Meet Saturday, June 5th - Quietwater Boardwalk Sunday, June 6th - Redfish Point (Sailboat Cove) Monday, June 7th - Pirate's Cove in Josephine, AL Tuesday, June 8th - Return to Home or keep sailing

You gonna be there Craig?  How about the Florida 120 which starts from Pirates Cove?  I will be doing both.
Yes Scott I am going to try to be there again this year.  Bill and I are working to get a plan togather to get his boat ready and sea trials over before mid May.  Are you taking the family or do you have berths for the BEER?  8) 8) 8)
Well, my plans are still way up in the air.  I just learned I will not be teaching this summer which opens up my plans a lot more.  My family, who has come with me the last two BEER cruise, may not be coming this time because of other events they have missed the last two years.  May take a hiatus to see what they are missing.  As a result, I was thinking about taking one of my smaller boats both for simplicity and for fun. 

Now I also have been talking to some folks in our sailing club.  As a group we are not too happy with the BEER cruise route this year specifically short sailing distances and the stop at Quietwater on a Saturday which will not be quiet at all.  We also want to see some new territory.  We are playing with launching Friday in Choctawahachee bay east of Fort Walton beach.  Sail to Navarre for overnight on Saturday with a stop for lunch at Fort Walton beach.  Join the BEER cruise folks at sailboat cove Sunday night and sail with them to Pirates Cove for Monday overnight.  We will then sail back to Santa Rosa seashore (or Quietwater) Tuesday and back to Choctawahachee on Wednesday which we will explore until we pull out the boats on Friday.  Gives a lot more sailing distance but still allows us to spend a little time with the BEER group.

So what you are proposing is a combined F120 and  BEER?  Where is your launch point E of FWB?
Not quite a combined FL120 and BEER cruise.  Goal of the FL120 is to not use a motor but this proposed itinerary will pretty much require one.  Sam Hunter is the one who identified a marina we could launch at.  I will have to get the name from him.  Never been to the Chotawahachee bay (can't even spell it) but I have heard it is nice and wouldn't mind exploring new ground.  Another area we were thinking of is Mobile bay and even East of Daulphin Island.  A lot of little islands there but more exposed than Santa Rosa Sound.
Craig, I am now leaning towards taking the MacGregor just so I can have some crew along.  Still interested?  The route will be a little different from the BEER cruise but we still will link up with those folks.
Yes Scott I am still interested.  Thanks. 8) 8)
4048632126 to arrange things.
Roger,tonight.  I've got 4 flags in here this afternoon.