BYYB Forums

Full Version: Three-In-One-Boat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've decided I need another boat besides my Weekender. I guess most people with a weekender usually end up deciding they need a bigger boat, but I'm going to build a dinghy. You see, some of my friends live on houseboats, and my band practices in the summer on an old beached freighter/landing craft sort of thing. When I go to band practice I usually go in the weekender, which is a bit of a pain getting her ready to sail or row just for two minutes to scoot across the harbour, plus my amp and guitars get loaded in the cabin, which takes a bit of work to hoist 'em onto the ship, AND the weekender is ungainly tied up among all the canoes and other things floating around beside the ship. SO, I've decided to build the 3 in 1 boat. It has a pumpkin seed shaped hull with a blunt pram-like bow, and looks a bit like a floating box. I like it, it looks just like the kind of boat a guy would build just to goof around the moorings in the harbour. Plus, I can tow it behind the weekender if I ever manage to get away on a long trip. The plans have already arrived and I'm going to start collecting wood soon. It knocks together just like a weekender, except even easier. I'm going to paint it yellow and call it "mini Merry".
Looks like fun Keith!
It's going to be great to see a new 3-In-1! It's been a few years since we had a shot sent in of that boat, which is kind of a shame as it's cute and fun.

Thanks Keith!
(01-10-2010, 01:45 PM)Ryerson Clark link Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like fun Keith!

Glad you think so Ryerson, 'cause I was going to see if you'd like to help! ;D
Count me in Keith Smile
When do I see your plans Smile
Actually Ryerson I have two sets of plans now. I was going to come over and show them to you some day when I'm not working.
I'd like to see them as well. I'll have wait until I'm back in YK, right now I'm part of the relief supply flying into Haiti, not sure how long that'll be for me.

Greg
Greg:  Hats off to you.  Those people need all the help they can get.

Dave
I was wondering if you were there Greg. For God's sake, be careful. I tried to convince them of the obvious utility of twin otters over there but no one is listening to me.