BYYB Forums

Full Version: superskip jack build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ray Berringer

Am about three months into building the Super Skip Jack.  My experience with sailing small boats is limited to Hobie 16s in Hawaii so this is a brand new sailing gig for me.  Hull is finished, the deck stripped with California redwood and am ready to install the standing rigging.  Will post pictures as soon as this cold weather passes us by.  To cold for middle Georgia. 
Great to hear. I look forward to seeing some SSkipJack pics from builders, as well as how you like the feel of the boat.

Mike
Almost decided on a Super Skipjack.  My desire to have at least potential sleeping quarters pushed me to the Weekender.  I did like the looks of the Skipjack.  Love to see some photos.

Dave
Dave,

I know what you mean: The Weekender was originally designed for exactly that reason! When I was last visiting Peter and he had the SSkip and his new Weekender sitting nextt o each other, I was more drawn to the Weekender, in spite of my thinking I'd rather have the Skipjack.

The Super Skipjack was done in response to years of requests for something between a Weekender and the original Skipjack (12'). As we thought about the boat, we realised it would be a perfect Sea Scout/Boy's Club/etc. project for Summer project building programs and also could form the basis of a fun new vintage-looking racing class (it's able to scoot along pretty darn fast!) We'll see; it hasn't quite caught on the way it might, but then again it may with time.

I'll try to get a bunch more photos this Spring and some sailing video also.

Mike
Greetings Mike,

For inspiration for future Stevenson Projects videos, I'd watch these ...

I also liked the camera angles, music, and general production qualities on these ...

Cheers,
Tom
Tom,

Thanks very much for the links. I'd seen a couple of these, but not all. I'm working on new pages for the StevProj site and am going to be re-doing the video page. I think a set of links to vids on YouTube would be a good idea.

Thanks again,
Mike
good clips...inspiring...loved the video with the interview...

nice!