BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vac gaff pulley spacing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
    Hello All,

Anyone got their Vac plans handy?  While working on the gaff, I found a discrepancy in the plans between two of the fig. drawings.

Fig. 23 shows double pulley on the gaff mounted 42" from the gaff peak end and Fig. 25 shows the double pulley mounted 42" from the single pulley which is mounted 8" from the gaff peak end.  Didn't fine anything in the text about the spacing, but may have missed it.

Any help/clarification is greatly appreciated of course, haven't drilled any holes in the gaff yet, stumbled across the discrepancy by shear luck!
Let me know: I'm actually working on the re-do of the Vacationer plans now...
This is the perfect time to suggest changes/additions to the plans...

Mike
Stephen:

I don't know about those measurements, but if you're looking for eyebolts etc to mount your hardware, you may want to wander down the aisles at TSC.  They have the welded eye eyebolts there as well as T-Nuts that I used.  The T-Nuts allow the bolt to end flush with the spar.

I had to go to Brafasco in Brampton though to get the eye-nuts that I used for the cases where I needed to attach on both sides of a spar.  The Weekender plans call for you to open the eyebolt and hook on the blocks, but I used quick links myself.  Then again, I've had problems too so following the plans might be a better option  :Smile

I hope you and your wife and children have a very Happy New year - perhaps I'll see you on Saturday at the coffee shop.
Hello Andrew,

I hope you and yours have a Happy New Year as well, and we will probably be at the coffee shop on Saturday.

I to have been eyeballing and mentally noting whats at the TSC.  Its amazing what you can find at the agricultural supplier when you live in an agricultural region.  Smile