BYYB Forums

Full Version: Season's Greetings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's wishing every one a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  May the Season bring peace, joy and prosperity to each of you and your families.

Dave
Best Wishes for this Holiday Season

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all...

...and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

(thanks Bruce)
Smile  Paul:

I was contemplating a greeting similar to yours, but then I figured... what the hell!

Dave (as politically correct as the next guy!)
Damn Paul, I think a Cheers and Merry Christmas would have done.

Cheers Y'all
Ahoy me heartys Merry Christmas , and if not, Happy hollidays to you and all of yours .

Brian
Paul  I know you have already read my reply to Bruce so here is my Christmas greeting to you guys and gals. May you never want for a drink of Rum or a friend to share it with. (As politically correct as I want to be) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Y'ALL COME  Cap'N Bud. Wink
Greetings Paul,

I note that paragraph one, section one, of your "Holiday Greeting" ends with a set of ellipsis.  

Furthermore, I note that paragraph two, section one, of the afore mentioned text subsequently begins with another set of ellipsis.

Ellipsis used in this context are a series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word or a phrase from the original text.  

I must now call to you attention, paragraph three, section one, under the "Terms of Agreement", as quoted below, to wit ...

(12-24-2009, 09:22 AM)Paul Riccelli PE,NA link Wrote: [ -> ]It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.

I believe that by redacting a portion of the original text, you are now in violation of your own greeting.

I therefore respectfully request that you immediately retract your "Holiday Greeting" and issue an apology to (sic) "Bruce" for this egregious breach of agreement in the terms of use of the original issuance of his salutation.

Wink ;D  Tongue
Regards,
Tom
Paul,

May the Snow Goose of Solstice swamp yer transom.  Oh and have a Merry Christmas.  I did enjoy you holiday retort but wanted to give someone the Snow Goose of solstice message Smile
Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, of fair winds, and great sailing. From St. Nick's stompin grounds.

Greg