BYYB Forums

Full Version: New Member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I,m Marc from southern New hampshire. I am very new at this blogging thing!! I got plans for Father's day, back in June, for the Weekender to build as a winter project. Well winter is here and Santa came early.  I got the wood as a Christmas present a few weeks early.  And today I just managed to caulk the hull.  It seems to be going very well, but I am an unemployed carpenter so I have a bit of time on my hands. The wife said this will keep me sane. But we found a name for the boat already - Obsession . I have read a few of the posts. I will try my hand at replying to some soon.  I will try attaching a picture or two of my progress.  I am planning on having her done by ice out!!
Welcome aboard!

Hi Marc, Welcome aboard, like you I am building my first boat but unlike you Marc I am 70 years old. You will find everyone here are great if you need any help, just ask and you will get the answer.

What part of New Hampshire are you from, I have spent a lot of good times in your state. I have been to almost all the states in the union, New Hampshire is up in the top half dozen. Keep busy with the build and lets hope things pick up work wise in the new year. 

Good luck Keith.
Welcome, Marc!  I hope you have a protected area to build in.  Here in Wisconsin we are seeing daytime highs in the 20's to 30's.  Too cold to do any epoxy or gluing work.  I'm hoping to spend the winter doing inside boaty things that don't require goo or glue on the build itself.

Dave
ahoy and Welcome Marc, yep this is definetly an obsession, quite a fitting name for one of our boats for sure.
Please do post some pic's of your progress as it keep everyone pumped up over the winter  Wink

so yer from southern NH I have family there , acctually i have family all over new england i am from mass, but i live in S.C. now.
I have family in newton nh they live right on the lake there. I do visit quite often so if i am in the neighborhood Maybe I could see yer boat. I do plan on bringing my vacationer up to the lake in newton at some point.

again welcome aboard.
  Brian Walters
Glad to meet you Marc. There's a clorox bottle cruiser up here named Obsession. I think the name is better suited to our wooden boats, as we're all a bit crazy and obsessed with sailing a creation of our own hands. Post pictures of your progress.

Greg
Thank-you for the welcome everyone.  Actually, Newton NH is the next town over. I am assuming you will be putting her in on Country Pond, which is approximately 2 miles form me!!  I would love to see her. 

I do have a question... If I have questions do I post them here or do I go to a different area??? 

I have already ran into a few challenges which I belleve I have sorted out.  Although my attempt to load a picture was unsuccessful.
I am not sure if it is because I am using a Mac Computer. 

I am glad you like the name.  It is fitting.  My wife wanted me to add it was either Obsession or "My Second Wife".  I liked Obsession better  Smile
Marc:  There are several boards, but the Builder's Bulletin Board is the best place to ask questions.  Everybody here is incredibly helpful, so don't be afraid to ask.  You'll learn fast!  I've never built a boat before, and mine's only about half done but even I answer questions from time to time.  Good luck.

Dave