BYYB Forums

Full Version: Just took the plunge again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Steven Hunt

I just put my order in for a set of Pocket Cruiser Plans. Mike's message on his website said they would start taking orders after the 13th sooooooo... my order went thru! Big Grin

14 feet LOD by & just under 7 feet beam... I can build that in my teeny tiny garage. It's time to look for a outside parking place for the Skipjack... maybe at Saguaro Lake? 8)

- Steve
Congrats Steve,

The Pocket Cruiser is a nice boat. It's amazing how much room they have inside for such a small boat. Have you been aboard one yet?

Keith

Steven Hunt

About 2 years ago, Scott Widmier let me have a turn at the tiller of his old PC Suits US.

... yet another benefit of BYYB membership, getting a chance to "try before you buy"

- Steve
Glad that turn at the tiller on Mogadore reservoir had an effect. How have you been enjoying your shipjack?
Good to here Steven. You can never own to many boats.

:lol:
Steve I think that's a great choice for a confined building area. I would have built a PC if I didn't have room for the Vacationer. I think you'll like the space inside and, it's plenty beamy for rougher water.

My son and I are working on his Skipjack later this month, for a summer launch. Maybe one day a Pocket Cruiser could be in our shop.

Steven Hunt

Thanks Scott!

Yes that "3 hour cruise" did help. Also the posts about how easy and cheap it is to re-furbish and old small OB motor. Bill and I took a tac or two in Adla's Weekender Morgaine last November on Town Lake... nice boat (and a great skipper) but too cramped for the three of us. I just can't bring myself to build an ugly pontoon boat, even with a square rigged sail and Jolly Roger.

I haven't had a chance to get the Skipjack on the water yet... but she'll be ready for a dip in Lake Pleasant on 4/8. I'll post some pics...

- Steve
even I think Morgaine is small - and I am small

NOW - John's weekender with the added beam...that was a boat!!!! Room for me, him, and PEtra (my dog) no problem. If I were to do the weekender over again I would be on the phone to him for dimensions on a wider cockpit area...it added a tremendous amount of stability.

a.

i happen to like the pocket cruiser ToOoo..
Bill and Steve - in Morgaine

[Image: IMGP0361.sized.jpg]

a.

Gary_R_James

Steve,

You said your order went through when you placed it. Have you received the goods or any confirmation of the order?

Gary
Pages: 1 2