BYYB Forums

Full Version: weekender in Missouri
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
New guy intro. and a question.
Started my weekender in July and in October I was ready to glass the bottom but the boat budget ran out.
Funds are starting to come back so here's the question.
Does anyone know the coverage of epoxy on 6oz cloth, I don't want to get almost done with the bottom and find I'm out of epoxy.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Dan
Hi, Daniel, and welcome to the madness!  The issue of epoxy coverage is a tough one to fully understand because there are multiple variables involved.  First is how it's applied - brushing or rolling the epoxy will use far more than spreading it on with a plastic spreader.  The number of coats is critical also.  I used three coats.  Cloth uses more than unprotected wood.  I glassed much of my boat, and encapsulated all the plywood either before or after installation with three coats of goo as mentioned..  All told, I expect to use between 7 and 8 gallons of Marinepoxy finishing my Weekender.
Dave I would call RAKA and get the 4and 2 gal epoxy  resins 4 gal 2gal hardner it is a 2 tio1 misture and dies well. phone 1 772 489-4070. Tell them you are with BYYB and they might give you a small discount. Bud
Thanks for the input guys,
I'm working on bits and pieces right now. while waiting for the boat budget to fill up again.

Fair winds
Dan
I used two gallons of epoxy to finish my weekender.  I used it for some of the gluing up, the critical bits, and sealing the cloth.
Hello Dan,am also in Missoury buildn a Skipjack...where bouts you from.
Bob.
Hi, Bob

I'm in Grandview Missouri, just south of kansas City.
[Image: l_f37db7bc3e8c49468cf46d7d6f0b2622.jpg]
Lookin good,Tired of sandn yet Wink

Any good place to put in up there ?

Bob.
Not that much sanding yet, in my opinion.
Mostly due to what i've learned here and elsewhere on the web,
tips and tricks to smooth finishing. Doesn't always work though.
  I sail mostly on Longview lake and Lake Jacomo, not the biggest
lakes around but their nice and usually quiet. ;D
Â