BYYB Forums

Full Version: how do vacationer plans and weekender plans differ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All...

I am still leaning Vacationer...someone mentioned to me though that the actual plan packets are not the same...with the weekender coming in a nice packet folder and 2 dvd set and the vacationer not being as up to date in a 4 page spread...being a bit harder to understand...

I am willing to buy both plans and still build the vacationer...if it would make things easier...

Matt
Build your boat based on what you want or need.  The plans will take care of themselves.  The Weekender is smaller, but still a substantial boat.  The Vacationer is much larger, and the build time will reflect that difference.  You need to decide how much boat you need.  I'm building a Weekender (probably the most popular choice) but may build a Vacationer in the future if sleeping on the boat and long voyages are in my future.  I'm undecided right now.  My suggestion:  Build what you need.  Vacationer or Weekender, you'll get a lot of support on these boards.

Dave
thanks dave!!!
Dave's point on support is the key here.  This forum and it's members are a wealth of information that add something that I have not found anyplace else.  I built a smaller simpler boat then either of the designs you are considering.  It was my first boat build.  The plans contained all the information I needed but there were still times when I had questions.  The members of this forum offered encouragment, guidence and knowledge. Order the plans for the boat you want and look them over.  If you have a question ask it.  By this time next season you will be offering answers to others questions.
Thanks Terry...

I just got off the phone with a Weekender Builder and fellow Lumberjock...I know the support is going to be great!

matt