BYYB Forums

Full Version: pocket cruiser in palma de mallorca SPAIN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
HI TO EVERYONE
im new unthis forum I just bought the plans for my pocket cruiser
after reading your comenterios on all aspects of its construction and other'm super excited but I only have a doubt and is, my ship may sail on the sea side?,
I have to add ballast to the keel?
know if someone in Spain to build some stevenson before?,
thanks for your opinions and congratulations to all this forum is fantastic.
Hello!

I would NOT add ballast to the keel of the Pocket Cruiser. It is very stable as-is. (Actually, I wouldn't add it to the Weekender/Vacationer/SuperSkipjack series either, but that's a point people still debate.) Try the Pocket Cruiser as it is drawn first. I think you'll find it stable enough.

If I recall correctly, there was at least one Mini-Cup built in Spain, but I don't remember where exactly. Any other leads people have?

Mike
i will do thank you very much I am with illusion by this project in MAJORCA it is something very new I believe that not the last by person who to make a P C or weekender etc..
Welcome aboard!  I can not answer your Pocket Cruiser specific questions as I built a different boat.  I will say that I think all of the Stevenson's designs are protected water boats.  Your sailing skills may also be a limitation but that is something you have to know yourself.  I am not a boat expert but many on this forum are and they would be better qualified to answer you questions.  You are correct in your estimation of this forum.  It is fantastic.  Again welcome aboard.
i was one month and a half thinking of buying or constructing a sailing ship I believe that not like at all your own project to construct
If someone wants algun advice I am yacht carpenter some things that is the well-read one here are very interesting  ;D ;D ;D
I sail my Vacationer on a big lake, I feel that reefing points in the sail are a better modification that added weight to the keel. Reducing sail area helps greatly on the more open waters. Happy building.

Greg
thanks greg is another way
I'm envious of your location.  I've been trying to talk my wife into taking a vacation there or in Minorca for years.
andrew Pannier a pleasure teaching you and your family MALLORCA if you make a decision.
CANADA has what being very nice a lot of friends they have been over there and... wow....
Palma  The Pocket cruiser is a very stable boat. I built mine to plans (more or less). with two dagger boards and reef points it is hard to knock down. One more option is building it 12.5% over size, This makes it a bit bigger but still trailorable. I launched mine in 2005 and have changed some things and changed most back to plans. make saw dust. Bud
Pages: 1 2 3