BYYB Forums

Full Version: New to the BYYB...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jordan Balbresky

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jordan and I live in the US Virgin Islands. I have been working on boats for several years now, done some long trips, rebuilt a boat from a hurricane wrecked hull and am getting ready to build a new boat from scratch. I know it is not a design you are all focusing on, but it is a James Wharram designed Tiki 30 catamaran. Should be starting construction in the next month or so. Look forward to asking for help soon...

Jordan
Welcome aboard.  Don't worry about the non-Stevenson's design.  The BYYB changed a bit ago to welcome all homebuilt wooden boats.  BVI eh?  Well I am envious.  Montana here and we have had snow every other day for the last week.
Very sharp looking design Jordan, post pictures of your progress as it goes.

Greg

Aye welcome Aboard matey.
Yes we changed policy to include all wooden boat designs, yes we are a little focused on Stevensons as most of us have built them but ther are so maney differant styles out there it makes it much more interesting. and it adds to the collective pot of Experiance and wisdom to all of our members.
So Welcome aboard I look forward to seeing your progress , and yes definetly post some pic's of your build, and anything else that strikes yer fancy.

Brian.

Jordan Balbresky

I've been looking around on the site for a bit and I can't find any way to become a member of the BYYB. I filled out a form, but haven't heard anything back. I also was wondering if the BYYB still has a deal with Jamestown Distributors, since membership dues are definitely worth the savings for the amount of materials I'll be purchasing. I remember seeing it somewhere on the site when I first found you guys in August or there abouts. Any info would be greatly appreciated. And thanks for the warm welcome...

Jordan
I have used the discount at Jamestown and it is working.  I only used it once since they keep the name and information of the person making the last order as the contact for the club.  I didn't feel comfortable having my name and credit card info listed with Jamestown as the clubs info.  I don't know if they have straightned that out yet but the savings was nice.  It is a by item savings so not like a straight 10% or anything.  Some items were 3% and some 15%.  Send bill_olney a PM or email.  He handled signing me up as a member and if he isn't still the person doing it he will know who is.  Bill did respond to a PM I sent hiom concerning due and told me they would be soliciting dues November.