BYYB Forums

Full Version: New sailor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lee Ethridge

Hi all-

I have been visiting the forums for the last couple months.  In the midst of looking over the stevenson designs and deciding to build a weekender I found one for sale near me for less money than I could build one, so I jumped  on it.  Here is a picture of her.  So far we are having a great time with her and hope to work all the kinks out soon.  Who all is near Omaha, NE?

Lee
Welcome aboard.  Nice looking Weekender.  Sometimes I wonder if your course wouldn't have been more prudent.  I would have been sailing for the last 2 years instead of building but the "moments", when it first looked like more then a stack of wood or when 4 hours of sanding turned out smooth to the touch would not be memories.  All the same enjoy the wind and try to stay dry.  I am sorry I live in Montana so not close to Omaha.
Does Frank (or some one) have a link to the members map? This might be the ticket for Lee's area.

Lee Ethridge

thanks for the map.  The first time I took her out I actually saw a vacationer on the lake.  Not sure who it was, but it was gorgeous as a mostly dark navy color.Â