BYYB Forums

Full Version: I've done it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ordered keel wood!  1x12 rough cut, quarter sawn white oak.  I have a friend with a planer that can handle 12 inch wood.  Not exactly cheap at 3.25 a board foot, but from looking at all the posts, the keel seems to warrant extra attention.  Now I have about a week to fix my second car and get it out of my garage!

I'm thinking of naming her the Blue Pearl.  But is it bad luck to have a name before the keel is laid?  LOL!

Bob
I figure if the wood is on order, that should cover you. Blue Pearl sounds like a fine name Bob. Happy building.

Greg
Once you have a keel laid, you are a boat builder and have a boat.

It just won't sail worth a damn until you add the "extra bits" like a hull, rigging and sails . ;D

Welcome aboard Cap'n.
There have been many a drawing with nary a boat built, that wore a name.
Congratulations, Bob!  You're a boatbuilder!.  I think the name is great, and the timing is just right.  Check in with us often...we like photos of your progress, and don't hesitate to ask questions.  Welcome aboard, Captain!

Dave
Bob  Blue Pearl sounds like a great name to me. Dam the torpedoes full steam ahead. Make some sawdust. Keep us posted.  I also think you made a wise decision on the white oak. Bud