BYYB Forums

Full Version: Another wannabe sailor!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, my name is Bob Sanders, and my Weekender plans are on the way!  I live in western Kentucky, so I have pretty close access to plenty of open water, including Kentucky and Barkley lakes, as well as the mighty Ohio River!
I have been enthraled with the prospect of sailing since reading The Dove almost 25 years ago. So, now that I have a garage, I'm gonna build one!
I certainly look forward to chatting with all of you and picking your brains.  There are some wonderful craftsmen on here, and I will unashamedly plagerize ideas from them.  But mostly, I plan to stay pretty true to the proven plan, and anything extra will probably come from elbow grease.
Thanks for having me!
Bob
Welcome aboard Bob. There is lots of help on this board. You will have to pick through it and see what suites you. Some is overkill and some is to little . It is your boat, so have fun and keep us posted. I live in middle Tn. so you cant be more than 300 mi. from me. I would like to extend the offer for you to join the South Eastern fleet at you convience. Bud
Welcome, Bob!  The group here is friendly and very helpful.  You'll probably get more information than you can use.  Don't be afraid to ask questions, and we like to see photos of your progress!  Welcome aboard!

Dave
Welcome Aboard,

Have fun with your build but dont get too wrap around the plan, I used to overthink and over worry.
Thus why It took me 5 years to complete my Weekender.  Wink

There is a lot of smart builder here, abuse them  ;D

We need pictures.