BYYB Forums

Full Version: hi from new member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi my name is Keith (yes one more Keith) I received my plans for the Vacationer Sept 20th and have been hard at work since. Today I started to install the side panels, so things are going great. I have been designing and building strip built kayaks for over 10 years, but this is my first real boat.
      Like a lot of other vacationer builders I see on the forums I have raised the cabin roof 6 inches, I have also built the cabin with a straight front so I will be able to install a bench seat that will pull out into
a 6ft x 4ft bed, with storage under. I hope to have "Annabell" ready for the water by spring, being 70 years old I need to move fast these days, I have been reading the builders bulletin board over the past few months And checking out your web pages, so I feel like I know some of you already.

Glad to be aboard    Keith (skylimey) Welsby
Welcome aboard...how bout some pics...do love to see a work in progress Smile
Hi Keith!  Everyone on this board is very helpful.  Welcome aboard, and I second Bob's request for pictures! 

Dave
Thanks for the welcome, I made a big ooops I received the plans AUG 20th  not next week
Wow fast work Keith, post some pictures.

Greg
Wow, another Keith, does everyone want to be me or what? Welcome to the BYYB. It sounds like you're a man with a mission building so fast. I'm glad to hear we've got another Vacationer going together out there. So where is this boat being built anyway and when do we get to see some pictures of it?
  Thanks Keith,  I live in Port Jefferson, Long Island NY.  Would love to put some pics up, but give me a hammer & some nails I have no problem, but I tend to be tech changed hopefully if the Grandkids come over this weekend they can put them up.