BYYB Forums

Full Version: Pirate Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Pirates%2C...okshelf%29

The link above will take you to a large selection of very good reading.  This stuff is old but entertaining and a good glimce of how things were and the attitudes of yesteryear.  Enjoy.  8) 8) 8)
Heard this story at
san blas panama...
THE UPSIDE DOWN PIRATE SPEAKS, where these concepts are explored in depth.  You may encounter what may appear to be typos, but Renee speaks with a heavy Pirate brogue; It is just his way. Some of the concepts presented here are  found in the works by CS Lewis and Dr Neil Anderson, although there are no direct quotes.  I desire that these gentleman be recognized for their contribution.  This is the compilation of a dream or vision that Rene received.

UP THE DOWN SIDE - THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME

I'm a simple man, mind ye, and  I got me feet squarely on the ground, or at least I thought I did...before.  What happened that day can only be described as eerie and mysterious, even unearthly; havin a dream-like quality like nothin' I ever experienced.  I'm still perplexed as to whether or not it really was a dream!  You know what I mean?

My name is Rene Raphael and I'm a pirate.  I've sailed from Singapore to Tortuga doin' what I wanted, how I wanted to, and  when I wanted to do it.  I thought I was free, Mate; Master of me own fate, but I was wrong.  One evenin' near sunset, I was on the Black Pearl, swabbin' the deck.  I paused fer a moment to watch the day burn to death, starin' in wonder at the fiery colors streakin' across the sky.    Lost in the moment, I didn't hear the call at first.   

Above me in the crow's nest, Peretti was screamin' somthin about a storm brewin'.  Behind me,  I heard the  violent snap of the sails as the wind furiously whipped 'em about. All around the ship, me mates were scurryin' like bilge rats securin' the ship against the wind and water.  Stunned, I seemed to be pinned to the spot  where I was standin', when suddenly, a great swirlin' gust picked me up like a thin piece..continue

reference: helium.com