BYYB Forums

Full Version: You have to wonder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made 2 orders on Wednesday, the 2nd.  One order from Duckworks and one from Jamestown Distributors.  Both orders were processed and shipped on the 4th.  The Duckworks order was shipped US Postal, to my PO Box, and has arrived.  The Jamestown order was shipped UPS and will be in transit for 10 days with an expected delivery of the 14th.  Now I realize the PO Box delivery would eliminate the day out on a delivery truck but 10 days transit for UPS makes me scratch my head?  They use to tell you 4-5 days anywhere in the continental US.  I have tried calling them to ask about why it is going to take so long but due to the holiday you can only get an automated response.
I ordered parts for an engine I was building from a place in England, Royal Mail got them to my house in the North West Territories in five days. I don't understand. It wasn't a fast courier or anything. Just Air Mail. I ordered from him again, and the same thing happened: less than a week. If I order something in Canada it takes just under a month, and the States? Try 6 weeks or more!
I ordered a set of plans from Paul Riccelli (Par Yachts) and he sent them USPS Priority Mail.  They came from Florida to Iowa. 

Normally they say Priority Mail is 2-3 days.  I believe they took 6 days and USPS attitude was don't call us until it is over 5 days.  He paid for a tracking number and everything and still they became lost out in the ether  somewhere out there. 

My experience with the USPS is not good.  If you pay for 2nd day air from UPS it is there by the 2nd day. At least in all the instances that I am aware of personally.
I have always had good luck and great service with UPS which is why wondered about the order taking 10 days in transit.  I agree the USPS is usually the dog but that was not the case this time.  I only included the USPS info in the post as a reference.  I tried calling UPS today and they just said it was on schedule and 10 days was normal?  Either entophy is in action here or I have stepped through one of those invisible portals to a parralel universe.  This was just a "thats weird" type post and not a rant so not going calcitrate a deceased equine over it.