BYYB Forums

Full Version: Pictures from my little adventure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here are some pictures from the last time I went sailing. I found an island with a neat little cove.
Great shots! Whereabouts? Looks like a really nice spot...

Mike
That's a perfect spot Keith, just what a Weekender is made for.  Looks like a perfect day to sail today so I'll be looking for it too Smile
So that's the cove on Sub Island that you were at last week, looks great, glad the you got back from your adventure.

Greg
Greetings,

It’s a brave man indeed that sails a little wooden boat along such a rocky shore so far from civilization.  Jason would be proud.

Cheers,
Tom
Well, Tom, I cannot tell a lie, I learned a little about sailing trying to get out of there. The wind picked up and was blowing straight down that little channel by the time I was ready to leave. It was too shallow to drop the rudder, and very narrow, so I thought sailing out wouldn't be possible, so I tried to paddle out. Well it was a little bit too windy for paddling and I got pushed up onto the rocks, which were very slippery. Then I got out and pushed the boat off the rocks, which is when I fell in, dropped my paddle, and lost my temper. So then I called my friend with a powerboat to come and get me, then I went into the cabin and fumed for a while. It was at this time that I remembered the #$% oars I always have tied to the shrouds. Who knows why I was too stupid to use the oars in the first place. I got them down, and in five minutes I was out in the bay with miles of room to put the sails up. Then my motorboat friend showed up, and I decided I did not feel like sailing for four more hours so I threw him a line and ingloriously was towed into the harbour an hour later, feeling stupid. Of course the boat is fine, and nothing about this stupid adventure was the boat's fault, and I got some nice pictures. And I learned that I am not nearly as clever as I thought I was.
Great shots.

Dave
Don't be so hard on yourself Keith.  Often times adventures are really mistakes in disguise or attempts to correct mistakes.  We humans learn best from mistakes.  We can glue a hundred successful joints but have only learned to follow instructions.  When one turns out bad, or doesn't take at all, figuring out what happened and why teaches us things about the glue, surfaces, temperatures or whatever.  A life without mistakes would be a boring life indeed.
None of us are as clever as we think we are... or as good looking!
I have lived by the motto: "In my next life I will be born rich instead of good looking... and hire everything done".  Now I'll have to think that over a bit more, after your sage advice on looks.  Beauty, being only skin deep and in the eye of the beholder I guess I shouldn't get thick skinned or blinded by the concept though.
Pages: 1 2