BYYB Forums

Full Version: How many Vacationer owners/builders are here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Konrad

Me = 1.

Started in '99, completed in 2000.
Who else is here?
Ginny Rae's keel was laid on 28 Dec 2003, christened 04 July 2004. Not sure when she'll be totally finished, I continue to change and improve things, mast, tiller, furling jib etc.

Greg
Me 3, but sold Saralee to Mesa last fall.  Now I am just Capt Boatless    ???
Aye Craig, your motor mounts lives on, and serves to propel Ginny Rae when the winds are too light or too strong.

Greg
Keith has the sails and the new owner has made the necessary repairs so she does live on.... 8) 8) 8)

Konrad

So even after 10-12 years of internet exposure, the mighty Vacationer remains a rarity.
Then I suppose it should be considered very rare that there are two completed ones here in Lincoln.
(Mine and a former coworker of mine.)

I'm trying to talk him into getting his out of the shed before fall.
We need a photo shoot of them.  It'd probably be the only photo in existence of two Vacationers together.

The few, the proud..  Wink
If you think the Vacationer is a rarity, on this board, try asking who has or is building a Triad.  I did and only one guy replied that he was just starting his.  A search of the older archives and the current forum showed two entries of people asking the same question ages before.  The response on those earlier "who's built or building a Triad' were zip.  Being a small boat, less expense and time to build and a one that just screams "take me fishing after your sail" you would think it would have been built.  It is by no measure a Vacationer or a Weekender but is a Stevensons design.
Konrad I don't think vacationers are as rare as you think. In the South east fleet I have seen four. Keith Mcclean Whipperwill Brian walters Un named Craig Gleason had Sara Lee Cantrel bought Jim stump Ryoudoneyet. There is one in the Chese fleet John (photo in BYYB calender) There seam to be lots more of them complete than Pocket Crusers I have only seen three since 2002 that were launched. Including Mine. Bud
Greetings all,

And add to Bud's list .. Dave Ruedel - Idyler, Mike Pennington - Aurora Wolf, Kevin Green - Abundance, Keith Benton, Ken Castille, John Kocher, Jim Stumpf, Chris Gerkin, Luis Alcibar, Robert Taylor, Tim Powers, Roar Lango, James Lingenfelter ... and some unidentified persons in New Jersey, Arkansas, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Vancouver whose websites (not linked to the BYYB) I have tripped over in the past, but can no longer find.  I have also seen a half dozen vacationers for sale on the internet in the last decade.  In the last couple of years I have also seen two Weekenders for sale locally in Chicogoland, which astounded me because I thought I was the only one here building one.  Only a small fraction of Stevenson Project boat builders end up as BYYB members, especially for the older builders, as being computer savvy and having the woodworking skills to build a boat are usually at opposite ends of a skills spectrum.

And then there is this iceboat crank from Nebraska ...

[Image: KonradSkateSailing.jpg]

Wink

Cheers,
Tom
and...you cant really count me...but I can say the plans have arrived...and dvd #1 (about the weekender) has been viewed...

matt
Pages: 1 2