BYYB Forums

Full Version: Retiring to Tennessee!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never thought that I would make it this long but Mary & I are finally retiring to cruise the Tennessee River waterway from our new home base in Tellico Village, TN.  Our Dot Calm has been placed in the capable hands of my Daughter Trish and she and her Husband Will and their three bilge rats Zack, Tristan and Tia will cruise the local waters here in NC.

A couple of years ago, I bought a Macgregor 19 Power Sailor (S/V Silver Lining) as my "River Cruising" boat and have been outfitting it for Mary and I to comfortably cruise for a week or two at a time.  We put her in our slip last week so she'll be ready to go as soon as we get moved.

We are downsizing the house from 2600 sqft to 1100 sqft so lots of stuff has to go.  Check the for sale forum for some boat/cruising books I'm offering.

If you get to Tellico Lake sometime, we're in slip e50 at the Tellico Village Yacht Club or on land at 147 Inata Circle, Loudon. TN 37774.  I'll still hang around here if that's alright and we just might finally get to some more SE Fleet doings if ya'll don't mind a plastic boat showing up.
Congratualtions on retirement!  Life is far to unpredictable to keep working past a time when you can comfortably retire.  Unless your work is the love of your life then it really isn't a job once you know you can leave but are choosing to stay.  It still may be work but not a job.  I can clearly remember one morning, after a night from hell, (a homicide, two serious injury accidents and more disturbances then any 10 hour shift should endure) I asked the Chief if the job ever got easier.  I was a young, newly promoted sergeant and he had his time in plus about 10 years.  He just looked at me, smile and said, "when you don't have to be here but you are".  It was the first time I had seen the man smile in 7 years so I took note of it.  Again enjoy your retirement.
Richard  Plastic boats a fine now , you know we have changed the rule. Just for you, Sail what you brung. ( this word being the pasttents for bring). Y'all are always welcome at Lake Nickajack. Just call me so I can have the brass band but you will have to make the admiral behave and not try to drown any more old men in small boats just because her poke hand was bad. Bud Wink
Congrats Richard!  Hope to see you sometime soon as it has been too long.  BTW, cruising the Tennessee is one of my aspirations after seeing bits of it at Nickajack, Watts Bar, and Gunthersville.
You are always welcome Rich.  We knew you would go to the dark side at some point so changed the rules to keep you close Smile
Thanks guys - I still drink rum and beer (and usually supply some) so I didn't expect to be a total outcast.  We pirates gotta do what we do, plastic boats or wood.  See ya on the water soon I hope.
Say Richard, do you still have archive material form this website? I've managed to lose the e-mail of my friend Milos Korenc over in Slovenia. In the past I've always been able to get it from his website or our list of members here. Now I find that he no longer appears on the list here and he's taken down his website. I know you wouldn't want to post his e-mail address here (privacy issues), but perhaps you could make arrangements with me to get it to me or if you felt funny about it, you could send him my e-mail. Thanks for anything you may be able to do.

Oh yes...congratulations. I've still got a few more years to go and boy am I looking forward to that!
Here ya go matey I have milos's email

milos.korenc@email.si

Brian.
Brian!

Thank you !!  Thank You!!  Thank You!!
I did not want to lose this!